Zumba

CRUISNDIVA

I' going on the RC- Liberty of the Seas at the end of December... Dec 21-26... wanted to find out who to contact regarding teaching while on board. Whnew I call the Cruise Line they reply just go to the fitness director once on board...I'm sure this is decided more than in advance of a ship sailing and I'd hate to miss my chance. Any idea of who to contact IN ADVANCE regarding this?

Signed you friendly neighborhood- ZUMBADADDY

I'M going on the RC- Liberty of the Seas at the end of December... Dec 21-26... wanted to find out who to contact regarding teaching while on board. When :)I call the Cruise Line they reply just go to the fitness director once on board...I'm sure this is decided more than in advance of a ship sailing and I'd hate to miss my chance. Any idea of who to contact IN ADVANCE regarding this?

• 1 month later...

They have zumba on all Princess cruises ... they have the classes in a very small area and most of space is taken up with huge chairs and those glass tables ... no room to really relax and get into the zone as I was scared of banging into people and it was actually quite scary as there were huge amounts of people and of course more people arrived every day as word got out.

The instructor was a bit " off " as he kept shrieking " forward with Right Foot " Well HE went forward with his right BUT of course its a mirror image and we went BACK on our LEFT ! He didnt have the experience of teaching dance and got a bit flustered.

Also it was a carpeted area which is bad for spins and turns and can damage the knees etc.:

I'M going on the RC- Liberty of the Seas at the end of December... Dec 21-26... wanted to find out who to contact regarding teaching while on board. When :)I call the Cruise Line they reply just go to the fitness director once on board...I'm sure this is decided more than in advance of a ship sailing and I'd hate to miss my chance. Any idea of who to contact IN ADVANCE regarding this?

I think thats a brush off ? There are quite a few variables. ie .. Are you bringing your own music ? Can you use their music system ? Where will you teach it ? The programme will be already printed ? They will get a lot of grief because loads of people will want to do zumba but the cruise line is restricted because of space.

Sorry but they would always prefer to use their own employees as its much safer for them all round.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Zumba Cruise 2019 dates just released.

March 24-29, Navigator OTS

Miami, Freeport, Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day, Miami

I think we all would love to hear from someone who has been on the Zumba cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Zumba Cruise 2019 dates just released.

March 24-29, Navigator OTS

Miami, Freeport, Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day, Miami

I think we all would love to hear from someone who has been on the Zumba cruise!

I’d love to hear from someone who did one!

My daughter and I did Zumba on the Crown Princess every day we could. Princess doesn’t charge extra.

I’m trying to get my daughter to do the Zumba cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I do Zumba on Princess too, it's a big draw for me that I can Zumba on sea days on Princess. I'm trying to get DH to go with me on the Zumba Cruise, though I might just go alone if he won't go. It's the first time it coincides with my college's spring break.

• 2 weeks later...
I do Zumba on Princess too, it's a big draw for me that I can Zumba on sea days on Princess. I'm trying to get DH to go with me on the Zumba Cruise, though I might just go alone if he won't go. It's the first time it coincides with my college's spring break.

My Alaska cruise on the Coral was a disappointment re: Zumba and me. I missed one due to a spa appointment then it was offered at an inconvenient time. I ended up not making it to a class.

• 5 months later...
On 9/8/2008 at 2:45 PM, CRUISNDIVA said:

Love it!

I wish this was a class the cruise lines would offer. Definately beats the boring treadmill :rolleyes:

Anyone else been bitten by the Zumba bug?

My wife loves Zumba. Writing on cruise critic not so much. So I’m writing for her. Recently on Visions of the Seas transatlantic October 2018 she enjoyed Zumba in the centrum daily with stretch class prior. With this excellent Brazilian dance production.

Anthem had great Zumba in 270 lounge like 200 ladies dancing.

Grandeur in centrum was great fun Zumba.

We’ve enjoyed many great activities staff and they are the KEY to her cruise happiness. So I often contact the cruise director pre cruise to make sure My Wife has enough Zumba or similar.

B63EBB17-8C00-47B7-8EEB-C5D4AEC86713.png

C68D173E-2F85-40F4-900F-0642D106DABF.png

7D26177C-B160-4AE3-919D-8E8405BD292D.png

• 10 months later...
On 9/8/2008 at 11:45 AM, CRUISNDIVA said:

Love it!

I wish this was a class the cruise lines would offer. Definately beats the boring treadmill :rolleyes:

Anyone else been bitten by the Zumba bug?

Just got off the Ncl Gem and the zumba type class with Jeff Hernandez was amazing. Daily dancing activities with cast members of dance team.
Excellent theme dance party each night and with a great live band called Prism.

We lost weight on this cruise of 14 nights and the food was excellent.

. I hope all cruise lines would realize that many of us in the aging population love fun activities and look forward to staying in shape both onshore in our local ymca and onboard an active ship.

Age 65 but acting 40’s and holding.