Male Massage therapists on ANY cruise line?

GaryR6273

Hi all,

I am just wondering if any cruise line these days employs male massage therapists. I have been told by many staff on many different sailings that there are only female therapists on staff. I believe that Steiner and Canyon Ranch only employ female therapists, but wasn't sure if anyone had encountered a male therapist on any of their voyages.

I always enjoy getting a massage on vacation, but typically prefer male therapists who can 'really get in there' to loosen up the knots.

• 1 month later...

I used to get massages (with male massage therapists), regularly on my cruises up till about 7-8 years ago and that included X, RCI and Costa. Sadly, none of the cruises since have employed male massage therapists, so I forgo the massages entirely... Too bad, they lose a lot of money from me and I'd guess many other cruisers.

tnt10

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

A few years ago, I stayed in Cusco.  Talking to the man who owned/ran the hotel, he worked s a masseur on an RCCL ship where he met his British wife.  So male MTs did exist on RCCL ships.  I don't think I've seen men in the spas of HAL, Princess or Celebrity ships otherwise (not that I have any desire to pay for spa services so I only notice in passing).

• 3 weeks later...

M4Travels, was his name Christian by any chance?  It’s been a few years since I was on QM2, but had several great deep tissue massages from a male therapist named Christian. Glad to hear based on your experience Cunard hasn’t dropped male therapists altogether, like so many other lines have.

8 hours ago, pke-atlanta said:

M4Travels, was his name Christian by any chance?  It’s been a few years since I was on QM2, but had several great deep tissue massages from a male therapist named Christian. Glad to hear based on your experience Cunard hasn’t dropped male therapists altogether, like so many other lines have.

No, it was Domini and he was quite good.  I was very pleased.  There was at least one other masseur on board as well but I didn't get his name.

• 10 months later...
On 2/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, GaryR6273 said:

Hi all,

I am just wondering if any cruise line these days employs male massage therapists. I have been told by many staff on many different sailings that there are only female therapists on staff. I believe that Steiner and Canyon Ranch only employ female therapists, but wasn't sure if anyone had encountered a male therapist on any of their voyages.

I always enjoy getting a massage on vacation, but typically prefer male therapists who can 'really get in there' to loosen up the knots.

Great male masseurs on Cunard Queen Victoria.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have been lucky, There has always been at least one Male massage therapist, on my cruises. Not to sound sexist, but the reason why i prefer men if I am getting deep tissue/sports massage,  is just because of my body type, and my years of lifting. 

Mark, feel free to shoot me an email, love chatting with fellow cruisers.

newsenmark@gmail.com 

00.26.04.jpg

10 hours ago, LiftingDad said:

I have been lucky, There has always been at least one Male massage therapist, on my cruises. Not to sound sexist, but the reason why i prefer men if I am getting deep tissue/sports massage,  is just because of my body type, and my years of lifting. 

newsenmark@gmail.com 

00.26.04.jpg

Had great Male therapists on Cunards Queen Victoria in 2018 and on Viking Star in 2017. Was disappointed that on NCL and HAL there were only female massuers.

2 hours ago, alexdw said:

Had great Male therapists on Cunards Queen Victoria in 2018 and on Viking Star in 2017. Was disappointed that on NCL and HAL there were only female massuers.

The only NCL male that I had was on the Pride out of Hawaii, great guy, great separate steam, sauna facilities too. But not on any other NCL ships on my recollection.

newsenmark@gmail.com 

Mark, How long ago was that NCL out of Hawaii? I remember many years ago, the facilities were good but I understand they've upgraded the ship, and looks like all might be co-ed now. 🤔

We're booked in Sept. Hope it goes...

48 minutes ago, LiftingDad said:

Oh this had to be back ten years at least I was in college. Which ship are you booked on ?

Pride of America. They haven't canceled it yet. We were on it many years ago. I remember a fairly large single-sex sauna and steamroom. But thought I read recently that everything is now co-ed. So I've lowered my expectations. 

I agree that the lack of male massage therapists is a problem.  And I’m sorry, like liftingdad women simply do not get the body as well as men.  Also, liftingdad, I’ve not been able to reach you so feel free to contact me. Mikeharp2021 at your same place

On 4/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, Taco’s Dad said:

I agree that the lack of male massage therapists is a problem.  And I’m sorry, like liftingdad women simply do not get the body as well as men.  Also, liftingdad, I’ve not been able to reach you so feel free to contact me. Mikeharp2021 at your same place

HI Lost access, here is my new email  marknewsen1@gmail.com

On 4/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, twodjs said:

Pride of America. They haven't canceled it yet. We were on it many years ago. I remember a fairly large single-sex sauna and steamroom. But thought I read recently that everything is now co-ed. So I've lowered my expectations. 

I really hate booking a ship and being disapointed that facilities are under repair or do nopt match the deck plans

Happy to chat about cruising anytime

marknewsen1@gmail.com

• 10 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 9:40 PM, LiftingDad said:

I really hate booking a ship and being disapointed that facilities are under repair or do nopt match the deck plans

Happy to chat about cruising anytime

marknewsen1@gmail.com

Well I’m late to the party as I haven’t been on here in a while, but I recall that the free, single sex saunas on QV and QE were brilliant. I spent many relaxing hours there. I loved the big windows (and the fact that it’s free!)

• 6 months later...

There was one male massage therapist on board the Norwegian Bliss when I sailed her in October 2021. He was the first I'd ever seen, and he said that he knew of only one or two others still sailing. He gave a first class massage!

I had a great male masseur on Seabourn Ovation this July!   

Seabourn treated us and gave us a freebie!  It was quite a nice surprise!!

SM

Edited by iramack

Where to this time you cruising maniac!! ??

I wanna go too!!  CD Chris Harley will be back on board as of November and he is a great guy!!

So excited about Koningsdam Thanksgiving.........................!!

Edited by iramack