need Help, Want the Special SPA CABINS Treatment

I have been on many cruises over the year. I went on the CARNIVAL DREAM, had a standard balcony and found out that for a mere $150 I could upgrade to have the entire 7-days in the VIP-Only Cloud 9 Spa including all of its exclusive delights.

I came back to the CARNIVAL DREAM because what I discovered was that for a regular room it was an upgrade of $150 for this package HOWEVER when booking the cruise itself I could reserve a "Spa Cabin" for a mere $75 more (or somewhere in that price range). So pay a tiny bit extra upfront and get all the exclusive VIP benefits... or pay when I got to the ship and shell-out more money.

In either case it was worth every penny, the Cloud 9 Spa was quite literally a Dream and I am considering the Carnival Dream a 3rd time because of this feature alone.

But now I have done the "Carnival Dream" twice and want to explore other ships with a similar "VIP Spa Staterooms". It does not matter the cruise line to be honest, but does anyone know of any other ships with a similar style of stateroom?

Part of what made the Carnival Dream's "Spa Cabins" different were:

1. Unlimited access to the Cloud 9 Spa

2. Special VIP slippers to keep (bonus)

3. A special wristband so that wherever I went on the ship quite literally doors were opened for me, people said hello and people treated me like a celebrity, at times even allowing me to get better VIP seats at certain shows

4. More personalized cabin treatment... part of staying on the "Spa" deck was that we had concierge style cabin staff (almost like having a private butler). I know that our maids did clean other rooms but they told me that on other decks they the other staff have many more decks to clean whereas on the "Spa" deck those guests get more personalized attention.

On both times I was on the Carnival Dream people kept asking me why I had doors opened for me or why I could just walk in to the spa without having to "check-in" at the receptionist’s desk. Quite frankly it made me feel like the VIP and although I am not a rich pompous jerk, I will admit that knowing I had VIP privileges that others on the ship did not made me feel special.

So if anyone can help, are there any other ships on any other cruise lines that offer not only the health spa but also quote/un-quote "spa cabins" with access to VIP spa's and also maybe more personalized treatment.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Carnival's spa cabins come with discounts on treatments of 20%, 30%, and 40%. Also included are two fitness classes per person, Elemis products in the cabin's bathroom, and priority spa treatment bookings.

You can get these discounts on ANY 3 spa services on Carnival boats. They don't advertise it, but if you do book 3 or more of the same/similar spa services, they will give you this. They run 10%, 20% and 30% - most expensive is less discount, etc).

We ALWAYS book a balcony and recently have been upgrading to a balcony spa cabin. The 2 we like the best are usually 10107 large spa cabin or 12001/12002 (See deck plans for Sunshine for idea of the cabin size). We do like the roominess of these cabins, separate living room space, walk in closet, larger balconies, double sinks, whirlpool tub. We also like the upgrade for the Elemis products. We also prefer priority reservations for bookings. We book a minimum of 3 couples 75 min massages (usually 1 for each sea day) and they ALWAYS give us the discount. We take advantage of the fitness center and the free classes they offer - especially the spin classes!

I do agree they tend to treat you more like royalty in a spa cabin or suite, which really does feel wonderful!

• 5 months later...