Modesty at the spa

I signed up for a couples cabana massage, arabian rasul, and ionithermie treatment. I've never had the last two done before, and I've had a massage before but not a cabana massage. I'm very diligent about modesty and what I will wear going into these treatments. I am hoping people have recommendations for someone who would prefer not to go "au natural." The ionithermie seems like the only one it might be impossible to avoid being nude, but they cover you with some kind of wrap so I'll be less self-conscious (anyone wear a bikini or panties to this treatment?) The rasul I understand you can wear a bikini but I am concerned about the treatment muds staining it - is that a problem? Do you have any other suggestion? The massage I assume a bikini is ok (?) - I don't mind taking off the top if I need to.

Before I lose the ability to cancel any of these with no penalty I want to make sure I will be comfortable with the level of modesty that is possible. It won't be relaxing or enjoyable if I am stressed out about being naked! Thanks for your help.

Maybe I missed what spa you will be at or ship you are on, but at every resort spa I have been to, the staff are all about making you feel as comfortable as possible. Usually you wear a robe in the spa facility if it is separated by gender, with or without swimsuit underneath. For the service, you are asked to, in the privacy of the room with the attendant outside, remove your robe and clothes and slip under a blanket on the massage table. The masseur/masseuse will only undrape the area he/she is actively working on. They all fully understand if you want to keep some clothes on.

I would get there 30 minutes early to talk to the spa staff and let them know your requests. Resort spa staff are fantastic at accommodating your needs. Plus you'll have time before your services to use the sauna or shower, relax, sip some tea, and get some calm time before your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Justin provided a very thorough answer. You can request a female therapist although, on some ships, all of them are female.The one area you do want uncovered is your back above the waist. Just unhooking your top might be enough. This refers to when you lie on your stomach. Normally, no one else is in the room except your therapist.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed you posted a couple months ago but in case it's not too late...

Wife and I did the Rasul on board and it was only the two of us in the rooms.

A Spa attendant gave us a rundown of the process/rooms and showed us the scrubs/lotions etc and then left and told us to lock the door and they would come and knock when our hour was up.

Unless the Rasul treatment you booked differed from ours you can be as dressed or undressed as you like, no staff member will be present.

• 2 weeks later...
I signed up for a couples cabana massage, arabian rasul, and ionithermie treatment. I've never had the last two done before, and I've had a massage before but not a cabana massage. I'm very diligent about modesty and what I will wear going into these treatments. I am hoping people have recommendations for someone who would prefer not to go "au natural." The ionithermie seems like the only one it might be impossible to avoid being nude, but they cover you with some kind of wrap so I'll be less self-conscious (anyone wear a bikini or panties to this treatment?) The rasul I understand you can wear a bikini but I am concerned about the treatment muds staining it - is that a problem? Do you have any other suggestion? The massage I assume a bikini is ok (?) - I don't mind taking off the top if I need to.

Before I lose the ability to cancel any of these with no penalty I want to make sure I will be comfortable with the level of modesty that is possible. It won't be relaxing or enjoyable if I am stressed out about being naked! Thanks for your help.

A few years ago I tried the ionithermie which is the one that miraculously causes you to lose upto 6 inches off your waist line. It was one of those what the heck moments since I won a cert in the spa raffle on embarkation. I had not done any research, so I went in blind. I'm a guy and figured I could lose some of the beer gut. I changed into a robe and bathing suit and the female attendant in the private room began with measurements for the "before" number.. Then she handed me a small black or dark grey pair of tiny shorts or underpants and said that I should remove the bathing suit and slip them on for the treatment while she went to get some supplies. After she rubbed a "special serum" that she dispensed from a glass vial that she had cracked open, some conductive mud-like substance was placed on a reservoir area of the table, then I was helped and positioned so that my lower back and waistline of these disposable shorts were in the mud. Electrodes where connected to my belly sides and perhaps my back too. When I saw them, I was reminded of those infomercials where you never have to exercise and will end up with six pack abs simply by shocking yourself with the electric pulses. I groaned inside and kicked myself for not getting more info before signing up. But I went through with it. I layed there for some period of time as I was shocked with gentle pulses. At the conclusion, I think she wiped me down and then took measurement where I indeed lost six inches. So of course I would sign up for a 3 month supply of the serum which was $650 or so. NOPE. She tried to overcome my objections and proceed with the sale but I wasn't buying. The measurements are slight of hand, is my only guess because my bathing suit was just as snug.

So that addresses your modesty concerns and also gives you fair warning...