Singapore Hotel

DISCLAIMER:

Yes, I know that Singapore is not in Australia or New Zealand!!! But so many of us go there, I thought I would try my luck and post here as well to see if I get more response then on the Asian Ports!

So, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Singapore for 4, (2 adults, 2 children).

We usually go for the rooms with 2 doubles or 2 queens as the girls can share a bed, but are really struggling to find much. Most hotels max out at 3 in a room. I really don't want to go down the option of 2 rooms as Singapore is expensive already!! I was willing to pay $200 but have Buckley's hope of finding anything in that price.

My husband so kindly offered to look and came up with a room with bunks and shared bathroom facilities....................so I am now coming to you for help! Please, I cannot do his well thought our suggestion.

You might like to check out the family rooms at the YMCA, 1 Orchard Ave., Singapore. Rooms are motel stye, with refrigerator, etc.

I always stay here as a stopover en route to London, because of its great location.

It is on bus route and close to rail from the airport.

Edited by MMDown Under

It's so hard to get family accommodation in Singapore - discovered that a few years ago when having a family holiday there. So expensive too. We had to bite the bullet and go for 2 rooms - stayed at the Novotel in Clarke Quay. From memory the Swissotel Merchant Court had some family rooms. Clarke Quay is a great area too. Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium caters for kids apparently going by a quick search.

BTW last time I booked I used Qantas points and paid the balance in cash making it reasonable.

I've always wanted to stay at marina bay sands.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have 2 stays in Singapore coming up. I want to stay at Marina Bay Sands BUT the cost of 2 nights there would pay for the rest of my cruise and stopover, and part of the flight as well.

I guess I will just go to the rooftop bar and have a horribly expensive drink and dream. Lol

It is very tricky. We have 3 kids and wanted somewhere with a pool and close to MRT. We ended up going with the Fort Canning YMCA but it is a budget option so not sure if that's what you have in mind.

I did find this excellent list on trip advisor that had a lot of good options to suit various budgets: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294262-c198410/Singapore:Family.Accommodation.In.Singapore.html

Have 2 stays in Singapore coming up. I want to stay at Marina Bay Sands BUT the cost of 2 nights there would pay for the rest of my cruise and stopover, and part of the flight as well.

I guess I will just go to the rooftop bar and have a horribly expensive drink and dream. Lol

If you are not a resident guest of the Marina Bay Sands you may have to pay the lift fee just to access the rooftop bar. Will make for a pretty expensive drink.

If you are not a resident guest of the Marina Bay Sands you may have to pay the lift fee just to access the rooftop bar. Will make for a pretty expensive drink.

Who was it, who made friends with someone at the lift and they took them up as guests for free?

I’ve managed to sneak up to the pool deck twice at the marina bay sands. I think it was having a pram with me and asking people in the lift to select that level for me that got me up there. There is security on the gate to the pool. One guard let me right through but the second time I couldn’t get in but could walk around the bar area admiring the view.

DISCLAIMER:

Yes, I know that Singapore is not in Australia or New Zealand!!! But so many of us go there, I thought I would try my luck and post here as well to see if I get more response then on the Asian Ports!

So, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Singapore for 4, (2 adults, 2 children).

We usually go for the rooms with 2 doubles or 2 queens as the girls can share a bed, but are really struggling to find much. Most hotels max out at 3 in a room. I really don't want to go down the option of 2 rooms as Singapore is expensive already!! I was willing to pay $200 but have Buckley's hope of finding anything in that price.

My husband so kindly offered to look and came up with a room with bunks and shared bathroom facilities....................so I am now coming to you for help! Please, I cannot do his well thought our suggestion.

We had a similar problem finding a pre-cruise hotel in November 15, we needed triple share 3 beds and because hotel rooms are quite small in Singas it was a real battle. We found with much searching the Furama City Centre, its a very short walk either way to Clarke Key MRT (under a shopping centre where you can find a few places for breaky rather than expensive hotel breakfasts) and China Town MRT. Although it doesn't show on their website, they had a triple share that was quite big and would easily have fitted a rollaway as the room was quite long. It also didn't have the see-though bathrooms you see on the website. We found the triple room by looking at travellers photos on the travel website that 'advises people on their trip' (hint). The room we had overlooked the hotel atrium not the city, think it was about the 4th fl but they had city views triples on a higher floor but I don't know if the room was as big as we didn't see it. (2 of us don't like heights) It had quite a nice pool on one of the higher floors. We were on a budget, so by Singas standards it was reasonable. Cost us a whole $6 - $7 to get the the Singapore Cruse Centre by taxi. You might be able to get info if you email them directly.

Edited by reedy8
additional info

DISCLAIMER:

The Bliss Hotel near China Town has family quads, a double and 2 singles and the room contains 2 rooms. I looked at early Oct and it was from $249 a night one one of the multi hotel booking engines

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. It can get so overwhelming searching for hotels and when I see a negative review, I always wonder if it was really as bad as they say. So thanks for your recommendations!

Not sure what is going on in Singapore when we are there in May, but there is not a lot available. We have narrowed it down to the YMCA, Bliss Hotel and Furama Riverfront (City one suggested was not available).

Our biggest problem was many rooms say that you can have kids, but many rooms state that the children have to sleep in existing bedding as there is no room for rollaways. Others say max of 3 per room.

Cant wait for our cruise now!

Yep have done it before, that's why it is a horribly expensive drink! I think lift access was $20 SG. Could be different now, may have to have a couple of drinks to justify cost.

Nice view if you can see through the smoky haze.

There is a look out platform at one end of the top. When I went it was around $15 Singapore. If you can get the timing right, it includes a tour of the pool deck and rain forest.

Great view from up top. Even better as you look down, a long way, to the top of the observation wheel.

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific when in Singapore.

Late last year we stayed at the Southbridge Hotel for a night prior to a cruise. It was a Queen Bed room and a bit small but very clean and had all facilities. Included was 2 for 1 dinner and breakfast in the bistro and a free drink ( the bar is a scotch specialty bar and we had a free single malts). Price will depend on when you are going. We paid AU$114 per room per night but Wotif is showing AU$140 for 1st November but other dates and sites may be cheaper.

My family have stayed in Singapore 3 times now for pre or post cruises, and each time we have booked and stayed at the Holiday Inn Orchard City. We are a family of 4, and the two kids happily shared a bed. There are a limited number of rooms that have 2 king size beds, and on the hotels website they don't advertise they have rooms that accommodate 4 people. If you go to their website, under contacts you will find their email address. If you want to get more info from them, simply email them and ask what you want, they will reply very promptly I have found. All 3 times I have booked via their email with no problems at all.

The Holiday Inn is just off Orchard Road - very close to all the shopping that my wife loves. It is very central, a quick walk to the MRT, hop on hop off bus stop, and regular bus stop on Orchard Road. There are great places to eat right outside the door (Cuppage Plaza) and the roof top pool and area is perfect after a hot day sightseeing. The staff have always been excellent, and the kids eat free for breakfast.

I'm sure there are other places available, but this would be my recommendation. Also talking direct with the hotel will give you the best rate, even my travel agent (with all his contacts and options) couldn't beat the price the hotel offer me directly.

Happy travels and enjoy Singapore

Yep have done it before, that's why it is a horribly expensive drink! I think lift access was $20 SG. Could be different now, may have to have a couple of drinks to justify cost.

Nice view if you can see through the smoky haze.

It's $23 SG for adults and $20 SG for seniors over 65. In March this year it was very busy and over 1/2 hour wait for the lift up to the Sky Park.