Taking flowers on Board in Rome(?)

hcat

I would like to take some nice cut flowers on Board when we start our cruise in Rome-- has anyone done this in this port?

If it is permitted, do you know where we can get some nice flowers in Cv--must be a market nearby someplace & we are going to be there two days in advance of the cruise..???

I have done it on Carnival ships before with no problem. Really brightens up your cabin! I hope to buy some in Barcelona and take them on the Gem. hope not a problem......Maybe someone else will respond...

I have done it on Carnival ships before with no problem. Really brightens up your cabin! I hope to buy some in Barcelona and take them on the Gem. hope not a problem......Maybe someone else will respond...

I would like to do so as well -- picking some up from the flower market in Nice on our 1st port day. I've done it in Seattle on Celebrity -- hoping I can do it in Nice on Celebrity!

I would like to take some nice cut flowers on Board when we start our cruise in Rome-- has anyone done this in this port?

If it is permitted, do you know where we can get some nice flowers in Cv--must be a market nearby someplace & we are going to be there two days in advance of the cruise..???

There is a large open market in Civitavecchia. Facing the McDonalds (near the port entrance), go to your right about 3 blocks, take a left for two. There is a large covered pavillion that has just about everything that you could imagine. If somebody there doesn't have them, then somebody on one of the side streets within a block or so will.

• 1 month later...
There is a large open market in Civitavecchia. Facing the McDonalds (near the port entrance), go to your right about 3 blocks, take a left for two. There is a large covered pavillion that has just about everything that you could imagine. If somebody there doesn't have them, then somebody on one of the side streets within a block or so will.

Thanks--I could not find a regular florist in Cv..can always order on the ship but local ones will be nicer!

Just curious - do you also buy a vase or can you get one on the ship when you bring flowers onboard?

Our room steward provided a vase for us when we took flowers onboard for our Alaskan cruise.

Archived