MSC Preziosa - Transatlantic 15 March to 4 April 2015

AVACTION

My wife and I travelled on this re-positioning cruise from Santos Brazil to Genoa Italy in YC. Had a great time but wondered if anyone else on this forum was going to post a review?

MSC called this a "Grand Voyage" but I think a repo cruise would be a more fitting name. Any comments from others onboard and/or would members like me to post an honest unbiased review?

We are considering doing this cruise in reverse in November. So I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

MSC Preziosa was based in South America for a few months before this sailing. Thus the food and drink stores were all sourced from Brazil. That meant Brazilian beer and quite a few Brazilian spirits were on the drinks menu. Also the fish on the menu was predominately salted.

Most of the crew we spoke to (including Sth. American natives) were relieved to be leaving and going to Europe.

I would expect that departing from Europe the menu and drinks list would be more to my taste.

I will try to find time to write a general review of the ship and the journey. All-in-all we had a fantastic time but there were several problems that could not be avoided by MSC and some that could.