Equinox C2 hump or large aft SV?

wednesday

Here is the situation, I am currently in SV 7364 on the Equinox which has amazing views and one of the larger aft balconies. We really loved the aft cabin we had on the Mariner of the seas, but it was a covered deck 10 JS with a massive balcony. There are also two C2's on the hump 2109 and 2110 which also get great reviews, have large balconies and are extremely convenient to the buffet and other things. The C2 is about $100.00 more pp and would earn us an extra Captains Club credit. The cruise visits Venice and I am wondering if the aft view should outweigh the convenience of the hump cabin and extra Captains Club credit? I have searched out photos and reviews as well as looked at the spreadsheet but I just can't decide. I am looking for opinions and help making a decision.:) Thanks!!!

Wednesday, we had a corner aft on the Independence of the Seas and the balcony was out of this world. The aft balconies on the S class ships do not compare. I think you may be a little disappointed. I'd go for the oversized C2 balcony on the starboard side (2110). As to which has the preferable view for Venice? We've had the good fortune to sail into Venice two times now and trust me, you'll want to be up on the deck, not on your cabin balcony, no matter where it is! The loudspeakers play Italian themed music as you approach Venice and it's the most wonderful experience ever. Once you dock, however, the view is not very exciting so enjoy the sail in and sail away.

I would choose the C2; larger balcony, better location and increased perks for me trumps aft view. Aside from the aft view, the aft facing staterooms on S-Class are not all that desirable; while some of the balconies a bit wider than normal non are deeper than normal, they sometimes are littered with soot from the smokestacks and they are a bit of a trek to the nearest stairs/elevators. While Concierge Class perks are not great, some are nice such as the extra credit for Captain's Club, the free bottle of sparkling wine (you can even bring it to a restaurant for no corkage), free smoothies and fresh squeezed juices via room service in the morning etc.

Thanks for the replies! I think we are going to switch.

Deirdre, is there any other reason other than Starboard is non-smoking, to request 2110? Just curious but leaning towards 2110 even though there are fewer reviews of it than there are 2109.

Deirdre, is there any other reason other than Starboard is non-smoking, to request 2110? Just curious but leaning towards 2110 even though there are fewer reviews of it than there are 2109.

We had a S1 suite (Solstice cabin 2146) on our Med cruise and the suite was fabulous but, it sure is a long way to the steps or elevators on the S class ships. We chose a mid-ship hump cabin for our upcoming cruise.

We cruised into Venice too and I would choose the starboard side when cruising in. Also, on our Med cruise, starboard side was more often on the land side when we went into ports vice the port side so I would choose 2110.

We had a S1 suite (Solstice cabin 2146) on our Med cruise and the suite was fabulous but, it sure is a long way to the steps or elevators on the S class ships. We chose a mid-ship hump cabin for our upcoming cruise.

We cruised into Venice too and I would choose the starboard side when cruising in. Also, on our Med cruise, starboard side was more often on the land side when we went into ports vice the port side so I would choose 2110.

Thanks! We made the switch to 2110 but I am still lamenting the loss of the aft view.:( I think we will enjoy this room though, the balcony sounds great and it sure is in a convenient location.

Hi Wednesday,

I agree with the consensus about 2110, and I'm glad you made the switch. I'd rather have the larger veranda, great location, and in your case - the extra Captains Club credit.... over the very long walk to the aft of the ship.

Some of the very few things I do not love about the S-Class, is the lack of aft elevators, and how the aft verandas are far smaller than on the M-Class. They are very nice cabins, but if folks expect an M-Class type veranda, they tend to be disappointed.

I think you will be very happy with the decision. Happy Holidays !

No, that's the sole reason. Cabin 2109 is several decks above where the smokers gather. When we were on the Solstice, we were on deck 9 closer to the bow of the ship than center, and we could hear them all loud and clear. They were a very sociable and cheerful group, especially late at night. That last smoke before tucking in was always a good one. :D It was like a mini cocktail party. Notice I have not said we could smell anything, because we couldn't, but we sure could hear the chit-chat! Maybe this was a fluke but just in case it wasn't, why go for 2109 if you could snag 2110?

Thanks Dierdre and Host Andy you are making me feel better about my decision. Maybe the next class of Celebrity ships will have nicer afts :p

You're welcome! Maybe next time you will sail an M class ship like the Summit or Constellation. Those ships have absolutely fabulous aft cabins.

Also, if you want to read about our Solstice cruise where we overnighted in Venice, here it is. There are a few Venice photos as well. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676328

You're welcome! Maybe next time you will sail an M class ship like the Summit or Constellation. Those ships have absolutely fabulous aft cabins.

Also, if you want to read about our Solstice cruise where we overnighted in Venice, here it is. There are a few Venice photos as well. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676328

Thanks! I will definitely check it out, I haven't been to Venice since I was a kid and it wasn't on a cruise. My husband has never been.

Archived