Yarn Shops

Lady Hudson

Anyone know of yarn shops near the docking areas of Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine and Halifax, NS and St. John, NB? Hope to be able to walk to shops. Thank you.

Bee's Yarns, Sweaters, & Candy, 59 Cottage St, Bar Harbor. From the tender dock, cross West St and walk up Main St. Agamont Park will be on your left as you walk up Main St. Cottage St is the first right. Bee's is on the right about a block from Main St.

Remember, Google is your friend ;)

SBtS

In Saint John there's Good Fibrations at 90 Germain Street (used to be 91 Germain, but they just moved across the street this week to a larger place. They posted on Facebook that after moving their looms, everything else seemed easy).

You could also try Cricket Cove, which is in Brunswick Square on Level 2, in the walkway with Starbucks and Tim Horton's.

It might also be worth looking in the Saint John City Market.

In Saint John there's Good Fibrations at 90 Germain Street (used to be 91 Germain, but they just moved across the street this week to a larger place. They posted on Facebook that after moving their looms, everything else seemed easy).

You could also try Cricket Cove, which is in Brunswick Square on Level 2, in the walkway with Starbucks and Tim Horton's.

It might also be worth looking in the Saint John City Market.

Now that's what I call heaven wool Tim Horton and Starbucks

Went to most of the shops listed. Some are small but all interesting. Knitwit in

Portland in closed Sunday and Monday. Classic Elite Yarns is permanently closed. My favorite was Cricket Cove in St. John. I spent almost $200 in yarn. I am set for the winter! Thanks for all the information.:)

Edited by Lady Hudson

Anyone know of yarn shops near the docking areas of Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine and Halifax, NS and St. John, NB? Hope to be able to walk to shops. Thank you.

In the City Market in St. John, there was a yarn shop as well as a booth. I think St John had the best "Yarn shops" that we saw all week, although we didn't do a lot of shopping in Bar Harbor. Check out the Market Square building area in St John. I can't remember exactly where it was, but there is a food court type area, (it's somewhere on the pediwalk area). Anyway, LOTS of neat yarns there.

• 1 month later...

In the Terminal Building in Sydney, there is a huge craft fair held whenever a ship is in. There are lots of hand knit/crochet items and the ladies there certainly will share with you where the best handcraft shops are located. We've been to Sydney so many times and that fair is always open when we arrive.

Charlottetown, PEI has a great knit shop. We wandered in on one of our trips and they were just putting out a gorgeous afghan which had been knit in intricate pattern. It was for sale and I scooped that up immediately to bring home to my girlfriend. She adores it and it has a place of honor on her leather couch. It has been greatly enjoyed. It's a short walk downtown from where the ship docks.