QM2 tuxedo rental

SB_Cruzr

Buy in advance, don't rent on board.

Much better value for money, and will probably look better too.

They can be bought for far less money than rental.

Plus, you'll have it for the next Cunard trip... and the one after that... ;)

Have a great time on your crossing :)

Edited by pepperrn

DH has always brought his own tux but on our last QV voyage, when he sent it in to be pressed, they accidentally washed it. Oops.

While they were trying to sort it out, they loaned him a tux for the remaining formal evenings. It wasn't a wonderful tux but it looked ok and it would onlu have cost $85 to rent it for the whole 21-day voyage.

I can see circumstances where it might be worth that much to avoid having to bring an extra bag. There is. Lot to be said for traveling really light.

It wasn't a wonderful tux but it looked ok and it would onlu have cost $85 to rent it for the whole 21-day voyage.

I can see circumstances where it might be worth that much to avoid having to bring an extra bag. There is. Lot to be said for traveling really light.

I'm sure that if the Tuxedo rental for 21 days was on $85, many passengers would jump at the chance to rent one. However, as Thaxted posted previous, the Cunard Tuxedo package price for one formal night is now $90 and $250 for 5 formal nights. The prices are based on number of formal nights rather than the length of the voyage.

Bob

I'm sure that if the Tuxedo rental for 21 days was on $85, many passengers would jump at the chance to rent one. However, as Thaxted posted previous, the Cunard Tuxedo package price for one formal night is now $90 and $250 for 5 formal nights. The prices are based on number of formal nights rather than the length of the voyage.

Bob

Luggage was going to be an issue for me on my cruise, but I quickly decided that bringing my tux and mailing it home after the cruise but still half way through my vacation was better than hiring one.:D

Bob

Interesting. Prior to realizing that Cunard was paying for the rental. AQV quoted DH $85 for the voyage. Maybe they were just figuring the last few formal nights. We thought that was pretty crazy inexpensive. Glad you filled us in before we relied on that information.

I'd advise you to bring a tux with you. Renting is costly. https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/Formal_Hire

Wow, those prices are silly. 90USD for one night rental! Considering the high price of rentals for men's formal attire, and the restrictions for dry cleaning women's gowns, my feeling is that Cunard needs to recognize that passengers will make adjustments accordingly - but more likely Cunard has already has that in mind . So if anybody asks: who killed the dress code, the answer will be obvious. A slow death engineered not by the passengers, but rather by Cunard.

Edited by Salacia

Wow, those prices are silly. 90USD for one night rental! Considering the high price of rentals for men's formal attire, and the restrictions for dry cleaning women's gowns, my feeling is that Cunard needs to recognize that passengers will make adjustments accordingly - but more likely Cunard has already has that in mind . So if anybody asks: who killed the dress code, the answer will be obvious. A slow death engineered not by the passengers, but rather by Cunard.

Possibly but as a lot of on board businesses (i.e florists, photographers, spas, formal hire, etc) nowadays are basically subcontracted out rather than employed by Cunard, do they really care.

Thanks for your prompt reply. We will be in the middle of a six week trip which includes many trains in the UK.

We have taken many Holland America cruises including a Grand Voyage and part of a World cruise. So trying to access the level of dress on a short Cunard crossing. On the roll call for our date about 7 of 9 posters are new to Cunard.

So on non formal nights men wear a jacket ? or a suit? or? And on formal night balls (there are two) do most ladies wear long dresses or cocktail length?

Possibly but as a lot of on board businesses (i.e florists, photographers, spas, formal hire, etc) nowadays are basically subcontracted out rather than employed by Cunard, do they really care.

Mic, good point - I hadn't thought of that. -S.

Thanks for your prompt reply. We will be in the middle of a six week trip which includes many trains in the UK.

We have taken many Holland America cruises including a Grand Voyage and part of a World cruise. So trying to access the level of dress on a short Cunard crossing. On the roll call for our date about 7 of 9 posters are new to Cunard.

So on non formal nights men wear a jacket ? or a suit? or? And on formal night balls (there are two) do most ladies wear long dresses or cocktail length?

Informal nights are jacket required with or without a tie, you will see a mixture of long and cocktail length dresses for ladies.

... So trying to access the level of dress on a short Cunard crossing. ... So on non formal nights men wear a jacket ? or a suit? or? ...
Hi ScottishMaid,

On informal nights you'll see a mixture, some men in a suit, others in a jacket and trousers. Some with, some without, ties.

On formal nights around 90% - 95% of men will be in "black tie" (dinner suit/tuxedo).

As hattie the cattie has indicated above, you'll see ladies wearing either full length or shorter dresses on formal nights.

You will also see some passengers wearing national/traditional costume on any night, given that Cunard attracts an international crowd esp, it seems to me, on crossings.

There are photos taken on formal nights on QM2 crossings, at cocktail parties in the Queens Room, in the bars on board, and at dinner in the Britannia Restaurant, via the link below. I hope these help you.

Have a wonderful time, Bon Voyage! :)

I will be bringing a Tuxedo for the formal nights and a suit as well as a lounge jacket for the many non-formal nights. my wife will be bringing a selection of dresses, skirts, trousers etc and accessorising to suit the night.:D

Hi ScottishMaid

There are photos taken on formal nights on QM2 crossings, at cocktail parties in the Queens Room, in the bars on board, and at dinner in the Britannia Restaurant, via the link below. I hope these help you.

Have a wonderful time, Bon Voyage! :)

Thanks for the link to the photos. My husband has been using it along with a deck plan to get familiar with the ship.

Thanks also to you and others for comments on clothing.