latest time to board in Southampton

susieh

Can anyone tell me what is the lastest we can board our cruise in Southampton?

The documents say boarding 2pm but the ship leaves at 5pm.

I cant find any where online that states what time we would be refused boarding!

Can anyone tell me what is the lastest we can board our cruise in Southampton?

The documents say boarding 2pm but the ship leaves at 5pm.

I cant find any where online that states what time we would be refused boarding!

I think it is 1 hour before. However I would ring up P&O and check.

I think 12.00 is cutting it fine;):rolleyes:.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

On a recent Arcadia cruise that we were on, my friend and his wife got on board at 4.25pm (horrendous traffic) and that was very stressful for them. They did ring P&O en-route to explain that they would be a little late and P&O were very good about putting their mind at ease that 'they would make it'. They were one of two couples that hadn't boarded by 4.15 - the other didn't make it, so I'm guessing that at the absolute outside it would be 4.30 or thereabouts.

We got on board at 3.15pm and there was no queue at check-in or for security etc at that time. Parking the car to cabin in 10 minutes.

This reminds me, on the QE2 last year we were about one hour late departing as the Belfast flight had been delayed.

Where there is a large number of passengers with a known late arrival I would imagine the ship will wait if they know. Imagine the fracas if 20-30 passengers were stranded.

PN

A month or two ago 3 Eavesway coaches missed the ship, they waited over an hour for them but then sailed without them -150 pax. they had to get to the next port of call-barcelona by the tuesday - don't know what they did sunday and monday? went home again i suppose! I expect quite a few abandoned the cruise altogether, after all some people cruise because they will not fly, so they wouldn't of been able to get to Barcelona!:(

Why do you ask PN about latest onboard ? Thinking of cutting it fine? or just curious? If you have a longish journey down its best to stay overnight at a southampton hotel just in case!

Sue

PN

A month or two ago 3 Eavesway coaches missed the ship, they waited over an hour for them but then sailed without them -150 pax. they had to get to the next port of call-barcelona by the tuesday - don't know what they did sunday and monday? went home again i suppose! I expect quite a few abandoned the cruise altogether, after all some people cruise because they will not fly, so they wouldn't of been able to get to Barcelona!:(

Why do you ask PN about latest onboard ? Thinking of cutting it fine? or just curious? If you have a longish journey down its best to stay overnight at a southampton hotel just in case!

Sue

We have a 20 minute journey (from portsmouth) but my son and his g/f have a 3 hour journey to get to us before we can leave. She has Taikwando training on Sunday mornings and is coming up for a grading so wants to avoid missing training as much as possible. We're trying to work out whether she can fit it in before they travel down to us.

Looks like the answer is no if we want to be safe so I have now booked the taxi for 1pm and we'll have time to explore on board before we sail

A month or two ago 3 Eavesway coaches missed the ship, they waited over an hour for them but then sailed without them -150 pax. they had to get to the next port of call-barcelona by the tuesday - don't know what they did sunday and monday? went home again i suppose! I expect quite a few abandoned the cruise altogether, after all some people cruise because they will not fly, so they wouldn't of been able to get to Barcelona!

Can you tell us some more of the details about that? What were the reasons?

Can you tell us some more of the details about that? What were the reasons?

I'm sure it was to do with the extreme weather the UK suffered a few weeks back. This made their journey far longer than usual. I guess the ship can only wait for so long.

Bev

Archived