Are eco cruises elderly friendly

Tinabrn

I am wanting to take a very special cruise next year, either the Baja whale watching cruise or Galapagos. I am just wondering if anyone over the age of 70 that is in pretty good health but lacks some mobility is going to fully enjoy this type of cruise. It is on my bucket list for sure...but they are so expensive I would hate to pay that and not be able to do all the things offered. Is there easy access to the zodiacs??? What about Kayaks??? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!!

• 1 month later...

We were on Expedition in Nov 07 with mostly older travellers. Several had knee/hip conditions and we all used the zodiacs....if help was needed our staff helped steady us or give extra lifts....mostly you sit on the side of the zodiac and swing around....when moving from zodiac to ship and back, you have 2 people there to assist you very carefully....I had very little problem getting around & was thrilled with the trip....DH and I both agree it was the ABSOLUTE BEST CRUISE EVER....do it & you won't be disappointed!!!:D

Archived