Fascinating Email Sent To Some 02DEC Glory Passengers

VibeGuy

I find this fascinating on the part of CCL, and as a stockholder in Carnival Corporation, I am appalled.

CARNIVAL GLORY

DECEMBER 2, 2012

November 26, 2012

Greetings Fun Seekers!

We know you are looking forward to your cruise next month. We're certainly looking forward to welcoming you and your group aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory.

There are lots of special activities planned for your group so we are confident you are going to have a great cruise. However, in order to ensure a fun and memorable time for everyone, we want to take a few moments to make you aware of certain policies and conduct expectations so as to avoid any potential disappointment during your cruise.

Carnival attracts a number of families with children and for this reason; we strive to present a family friendly atmosphere. It is important to us that all guests are comfortable with every aspect of the cruise. Although we realize this group consists solely of adults, we nonetheless expect all guests to recognize that minors are onboard and, refrain from engaging in inappropriate conduct in public areas.

Arrangements have been made for drag performances in the main theater featuring stars from LOGO TV. These functions will be private and only the performers are permitted to dress in drag while in the theater. Guests are not allowed to dress in drag for the performances or in public areas at any time during the cruise.

We're sorry to say that any guest who violates our policies and/or whose behavior affects the comfort and enjoyment of other guests, will be disembarked at their own expense and no refund will be given.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Now that we've taken care of business...let the FUN begin!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

This seems pretty draconian, frankly.

Guess you need to just charter a ship and make your own rules? Wouldn't offend me once stayed at a hotel full of sumo wrestlers and found it quite a riot. Not the same but I could see a parade of drag queens unsettling for little Timmy or more likely his parents from the Bible Belt.

Then again if they all looked like the lady boys from Thailand who would even know? Darn mustache always gives them away ;)

Wow, I am also a little surprised by this email.

I'm guessing the email was sent to a LGBT group of some sort that is cruising and has arranged for special entertainment while onboard? And now Carnival is saying that they are not allowed to dress in drag while on the ship?

How exactly are they going to enforce THAT? Can't you just see it now, some hapless entertainment staff member telling a woman that she must change out of her drag costume, when she is not actually in drag? Good lord.

Also I wonder if this is a company wide policy? I have certainly seen people I have suspected might be drag queens while on board - and didn't think two cents about it.

If they are going to censor the LGBT community, they should also send out a cruise wide email notifying all females that in order to be family friendly, there will be a skirt hem length and a cleavage coverage check before entering public areas.

Oy.

Wow, I am also a little surprised by this email.

I'm guessing the email was sent to a LGBT group of some sort that is cruising and has arranged for special entertainment while onboard? And now Carnival is saying that they are not allowed to dress in drag while on the ship?

How exactly are they going to enforce THAT? Can't you just see it now, some hapless entertainment staff member telling a woman that she must change out of her drag costume, when she is not actually in drag? Good lord.

Also I wonder if this is a company wide policy? I have certainly seen people I have suspected might be drag queens while on board - and didn't think two cents about it.

If they are going to censor the LGBT community, they should also send out a cruise wide email notifying all females that in order to be family friendly, there will be a skirt hem length and a cleavage coverage check before entering public areas.

Oy.

Or ladies must wear skirts and not pants ;)

Technically, their stockholders' ships. Being ham-handed isn't good for business.

LOL, vote out the board when you get your next Proxyvote form. Course, your gonna need at least 47M shares to over-rule T. Rowe, their major institutional investor. ;)

Being on that type of cruise wouldn't bother me personally however in Jan. We were at several of the same ports as RCI's Allure that had a huge gay/lesbian charter and some of the behavior we witnessed was so way over the top it was unbelievable.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Wow - seems pretty intolerant. I'm guessing parents don't get emails reminding them that adults without children are on board and outlining behaviors that are acceptable in order to ensure that "everyone is comfortable." Once again, the LGBT community is being singled out. Seems heavy handed. Maybe they've already received negative feedback from others who are also on this cruise. In any event, I hope you have a nice time in spite of the welcome mat being pulled out from under you.

Wow. I'm really disappointed that Carnival would send this out. Who cares if someone is in drag? If the "naughty" bits are covered, then it doesn't matter. If they are worried about family friendly, then they need to monitor what some of the women wear onboard. A few times I'm pretty sure we sailed with a group of hookers on vacation. :rolleyes:

Guess you need to just charter a ship and make your own rules? Wouldn't offend me once stayed at a hotel full of sumo wrestlers and found it quite a riot. Not the same but I could see a parade of drag queens unsettling for little Timmy or more likely his parents from the Bible Belt.

Then again if they all looked like the lady boys from Thailand who would even know? Darn mustache always gives them away ;)

There was a very large group on our last cruise. I LOVED them! They were all so nice and were having sooo much fun. I did see some who were, I think, in drag, but OMG I would have never know for sure, they were all so pretty ( I NEVER saw any inappropriate behavior from them, others yes, but not them). But, unfortunately, I did have a lady sit next to me during the "Big Easy" who kept making comments about the group who were seated in front of us. How sad that she just can't accept people for whom they are. I would have rather spent the week with them than her.

OP can be as appauled as he/she want to be as a stock holder. I applaud Carnival's forsight and as a stockholder/owner of Carnival I hope management continues to keep the "fun ships" family friendly.

Absolutely!

Keeping in mind of course that families come in all different shapes, sizes and colors- including rainbow.

I find this fascinating on the part of CCL, and as a stockholder in Carnival Corporation, I am appalled.

CARNIVAL GLORY

DECEMBER 2, 2012

November 26, 2012

Greetings Fun Seekers!

We know you are looking forward to your cruise next month. We're certainly looking forward to welcoming you and your group aboard the beautiful Carnival Glory.

There are lots of special activities planned for your group so we are confident you are going to have a great cruise. However, in order to ensure a fun and memorable time for everyone, we want to take a few moments to make you aware of certain policies and conduct expectations so as to avoid any potential disappointment during your cruise.

Carnival attracts a number of families with children and for this reason; we strive to present a family friendly atmosphere. It is important to us that all guests are comfortable with every aspect of the cruise. Although we realize this group consists solely of adults, we nonetheless expect all guests to recognize that minors are onboard and, refrain from engaging in inappropriate conduct in public areas.

Arrangements have been made for drag performances in the main theater featuring stars from LOGO TV. These functions will be private and only the performers are permitted to dress in drag while in the theater. Guests are not allowed to dress in drag for the performances or in public areas at any time during the cruise.

We're sorry to say that any guest who violates our policies and/or whose behavior affects the comfort and enjoyment of other guests, will be disembarked at their own expense and no refund will be given.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Now that we've taken care of business...let the FUN begin!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

This seems pretty draconian, frankly.

Perhaps they are basing this on past experience.

Either way, not worth getting your panties in a wad.

Maybe this has something to do with all the hoopla surrounding the singles group a few weeks ago? If I received this email I'd be a little miffed. What if someone is pre/postop transexual but still can't "pass" yet? Will someone be checking to see if there's something under the skirt? I've seen some elderly women on formal night with makeup and sequins to beat half the drag queens I know. I'm also kinda curious to see what behavior that could effect the comfort of other passengers they were talking about, I hope it's the same behavioral standards that they apply to other guests and nothing more strict. My family and I were supposed to be cruising with this group (so sad I'm going to miss them all, especially Pandora!)and I really hope it goes well for everyone booked. I'll be waiting by my computer for a review!!

Archived