Tyrone Griffith - Anyone use him recently?

CRUSINGFAMILY

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Crusing Family,

My husband and I used Tyrone Griffith just last week to tour the island of Barbados. He met us on time at the cruise terminal and we had a very nice day touring with him. We had a private tour and he brought us to all the places that he said he would. He provided us with water, soft drinks and his own rum punch, which to me was the best out of all of the rum punch we tasted....not too strong. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at yen70072@yahoo.com.

Marilyn

We went on tour with him two weeks ago. My impressions are the same as Marylin's. Private tour, he was on time, water, bear, punch.

Tyron is phenomenal. He showed us the island, and then we had time for the beach. You should not expect a super stylish van, but you get super quality tour for a fraction of the cost charged by others. Even he did not charge anything for my eight year old son.

The only thing, we have not found the monkeys though we were looking for them (Tyron was ready with bananas, but no luck:) ).

Even, at my request he took me to see the Hilton, because I wanted to see what this hotel looks like. As Hilon Honors member I was considering this hotel for vacation.

I can highly recommend this tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked with Tyrone for our stop in Barbados on Thursday July 11th. Upon disembarking from the ship he was nowhere to be found and only through the intercession of some local port workers was he located. He then gave us over to an associate who had a van with very poor air conditioning and no speaker system so that even when he did provide some info about local sites, the people in the back of the van could not hear him. Although both Tyrone and his associate Paul were very pleasant guys, the combination of poor AC and little site info made it an unpleasant afternoon. By the way, I got a look at Tyrone's van and it didn't look much better than the one we were in.

Edited by CBPGUY
misspelling

Booked with Tyrone for our stop in Barbados on Thursday July 11th. Upon disembarking from the ship he was nowhere to be found and only through the intercession of some local port workers was he located. He then gave us over to an associate who had a van with very poor air conditioning and no speaker system so that even when he did provide some info about local sites, the people in the back of the van could not hear him. Although both Tyrone and his associate Paul were very pleasant guys, the combination of poor AC and little site info made it an unpleasant afternoon. By the way, I got a look at Tyrone's van and it didn't look much better than the one we were in.

well that is NOT good to hear as we are using Tyrone in about 2 weeks, and I think he is handing us off to Paul since we are a group of 10 and Tyrone"s van does not hold 10.

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I toured with one other couple with Tyrone on July 18th. It was a Great day. Tyrone gave us a wonderful tour from 9:10-2:10 and then dropped us off at Carlisle beach and the other couple off at the port and he picked us up as planned at 3:50. We were back at the port around 4:15.

We were never were rushed and we saw a lot of the island and Tyrone was a really nice and sincere guy. His tour cost us $25 each for a 5 hour tour, beer, water, and rum punch and then dropped at the beach and picked up. Book him early because the word about Tyrone's gret tour and great deal will spread fast here on cc.

DH and I toured with one other couple with Tyrone on July 18th. It was a Great day. Tyrone gave us a wonderful tour from 9:10-2:10 and then dropped us off at Carlisle beach and the other couple off at the port and he picked us up as planned at 3:50. We were back at the port around 4:15.

We were never were rushed and we saw a lot of the island and Tyrone was a really nice and sincere guy. His tour cost us $25 each for a 5 hour tour, beer, water, and rum punch and then dropped at the beach and picked up. Book him early because the word about Tyrone's gret tour and great deal will spread fast here on cc.

ok, we are bookedwith Tyrone for next week, but Paul will be taking around since his van is bigger.

Anybody have any thoughts on Paul?

My husband and I toured with Tyrone on 8/1 and had a wonderful day! He took us on an extensive tour of the island during which time he provided us with lots of facts about local history and culture. His van was comfortable and the a/c was refreshing. Tyrone provided us with water and local beer. He made sure we hit the sites I had requested (Harrison's Cave and a beach stop) as well as many other points of interest. He was a delight to deal with prior to and during our tour. I HIGHLY recommend him! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Linda

Just to get an idea...what does he charge per person for 2 people for his private tour?

Thank you,

Wendy

We paid $85 for the two of us for the day. We wanted to go to Harrison's Cave, so the entrance fee was additional. We definitely got our money's worth. Great tour!

Just to get an idea...what does he charge per person for 2 people for his private tour?

Thank you,

Wendy

We let Tyrone decide where to go. The only place we asked to see was Bathsheba and I believe that is on his regular tour. He charged us $25 pp and our tour was 5 hours plus beach time with pick-up and delivery back to the ship. We thought that the tour was worth $40 each pp and that is what we gave him. There was one other couple that toured with us and one couple that was a no show and we left at 9:10 as Tyrone figured that the rest of us all made it before 9 so they must have decided not to join us.

I now see that you are interested in a private tour. I have his e-mail and phone number if you would like to ask him any questions.

My group of 10 toured Barbados with Tyrone 8/7 while visiting from the Carnival Valor.

Since Tyrone did not have a van big enough to actually go with him, he handed us off to Craig. Well, let me tell you, Craig was FANTASTIC.

Tyrone met us at the pier as scheduled. Very easy to find him. Once we met Tyrone, he introduced us to Craig, and it was instant happiness. Craig was very infomrative and very funny. He is a good story teller and he loves his home land.

We visited a combination of sights he wanted us to see and things that WE wanted to do. He made sure that we saw and did as much as possible.

Then it was on to Carlisle Bay Beach, which was one of the top 5 beaches we have ever visited, and we have been to many caribbean island beaches before.

I highly recommend his services.

Does anyone have contact info for Mr. Griffith? Tried email him with no success. How long is his tour and what's the cost? Thanks for any help. :confused:

Here is Tyrone's telephone number: (246) 233-3168

E-mail : tiatonagi@yahoo.com

I Reviewed our tour earlier on this thread and mentioned the time and cost of the tour.

I contacted him last week to enquire about a tour and he answered my very promptly. I e mailed him back woth a question and he never answered. I am now wondering if is is away.

He quoted me $175 USD for his island tour and Harrison's cave. I thought that was high compared to what other people said they paid. I am wondering if the price he quoted me was in barbados currecny.

I contacted him last week to enquire about a tour and he answered my very promptly. I e mailed him back woth a question and he never answered. I am now wondering if is is away.

He quoted me $175 USD for his island tour and Harrison's cave. I thought that was high compared to what other people said they paid. I am wondering if the price he quoted me was in barbados currecny.

If he takes 6 people on his regular tour for $25 pp that's $150 for the day. I would guess that a private tour would cost about that with enterance fees on top of the $150. He quoted us in US dollars BTW and answered my e-mails promptly.

I've been emailing with Tyrone and have booked him for next March. He has been extremely accommodating and I'm sure I'll find 4 others on our Roll Call that want to join us on what will be a great tour!

Harrison Caves, 2-3 hour tour of the island, and then drop off and pick up from Lobster Alive on Carlisle Beach. $40 per person plus the entry fee (31.50) for the caves.

Tyrone is even making our reservations at the caves for us. I'm very impressed with him so far! :)

Does anyone have contact info for Mr. Griffith? Tried email him with no success. How long is his tour and what's the cost? Thanks for any help. :confused:

I e mailed him last week and got a reply that he is out of the country and will get back to me in September.

I used Tyrone on 8/4 during our Valor cruise.

We had NO issues at all other than he could not take my entire group of 10, so he handed us off to one of his other drivers, Carl, and he was one of the best guides we have ever had.

Once again, NO ISSUES at all.

I would recommend a visit to the Agapey Chocolate Factory. VERY interesting and the tour guide was acutally the owner. VERY nice man.

Here is Tyrone's telephone number: (246) 233-3168

E-mail : tiatonagi@yahoo.com

I Reviewed our tour earlier on this thread and mentioned the time and cost of the tour.

He told me in July that he would like to get a website up and running soon. If and when he does I think that he will pass this information on to one of his cruise tour participants that found him here on cc so that the new contact info will be available to cc members.

My husband and I toured with Tyrone on 8/1 and had a wonderful day! He took us on an extensive tour of the island during which time he provided us with lots of facts about local history and culture. His van was comfortable and the a/c was refreshing. Tyrone provided us with water and local beer. He made sure we hit the sites I had requested (Harrison's Cave and a beach stop) as well as many other points of interest. He was a delight to deal with prior to and during our tour. I HIGHLY recommend him! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Linda

Is his van clean? It doesn't have to be new and fancy but clean is a must...Thanks!

Mr. Griffith, emailed me back in August that he was on vacation in the US so I emailed him on the day after that he said he was returning to Barbados. He has answered promptly. We have booked for Nov. 20th. So far only my daughter and myself for that date. Hope that others will join us. Thanks for the help.:)