Choosing a room on the Carnival Victory

yaniv.yosef

Hi all.

My wife and I want to book a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Victory on September the 7th.

I originally planned to book a balcony room, and from what I read deck 7 (Empress) is considered to be the best one. The problem is that the only balcony room vacant in this deck is 7336, which in very close to the elevators.

So I'm thinking about taking an ocean view suite, which is $200 more than the balcony room. It's our first cruise ever and we're making a long journey arriving to Miami all the way from Israel, plus this is our honeymoon; so I want things to be as special as it could get (considering we're going for the Carnival Victory as other lines/ships doesn't fit in our schedule).

What would you suggest? Does the suite worth the extra $200? Should I just book a balcony room on a different deck / boom 7336?

The thing is that my wife is a very light sleeper so a quite room is a must...

Thanks a million in advance!

Personally, I like to have a room close to the elevators (but not right next to) because it is just more convenient. I have been on two cruises and both times I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the hallways were at night. The noise in the hallways was less than some hotels I have stayed in.

If it were me, I would take the balcony room and use that $200 for an excursion or drinks :)

my favorite room is the area around those aft elevators. being close'to the elevators is a good thing. you will not get noise'from the elvators. if people are rude and loud they will be loud and rude walking down the halls. stay where you are

Hi,

I would just keep the room by the elevator. What I do is I keep checking the Carnival Website. Periodically cabins will open up. In my case, I lucked out and was able to book one of those "L" shape cabins that some covet. So, if I were you, I would keep my eye out for a cabin that opens up in the area you are looking for. If it does, call customer service and they will change it for you.

Good luck and congrats on your wedding!

Caro

• 3 weeks later...

That's the cabin I had! You are going to love it :)

Caro

I was fortunate to get 7416 for my next cruise...L shaped extended balcony. If only time would speed up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

image.jpg.433dce3c40b149a6e7439cb26bfc0acb.jpg

I will have cabin 7336 on our upcoming Victory cruise, but it's in November so you'll be there before us. I chose this cabin because of the location. I have had a few rooms in a similar location and never had a problem. The other thing you have going for you is that this is the Empress deck. The decks above and below are also cabins, so there won't be that much traffic going through the area, hence much quieter stairs and elevators. Plus you are close to the stairs and elevators!! Win-Win!! Mazel Tov!!

Archived