Calabaza sailing

Cruising Lions

I can not say enough about Gina and her crew . This is a great catamaran. The crew is fantastic, the food is very good and the sights are out of this world. We saw many turtles and thousands of fish with a small group this is must do. It is like being on a cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Gina and her crew are the best. So much so that as soon as I booked a return cruise for November 2015, I emailed Gina and booked her again right away. Actually my group booked the whole Catamaran.

Gina is definately worth going again and again

I so agree! Sailed with Gina and her boys in June, and it was an absolutely FABULOUS DAY! Best day of the cruise, for sure!

Not only did she email all of the pictures of our day (tons of them!), but she also sent recipes for all of her wonderful lunch dishes!

A GREAT DAY!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We did this last week. It was a fantastic day!!! The only glitch was that the taxi driver didn't have the correct paperwork to get inside the gates to the terminal so we had to walk to the outside of the security gates and wait for the taxi to pick us up there so that caused us to run about 10-15 minutes late all day. A different driver did take us back and took us directly to terminal.

The crew is fabulous! Boat is awesome! Easiest ladder to get out of the water ever!!! Food and beverages were continuous and delicious! Pix posted the next day and are great! Have never had a company do that before! That is a fabulous perk!!!

Be sure to take extra cash because you will definitely want to tip the crew well!!!

Highly recommend!

I hear Gina bought a second catameran. I wonder if these 12 person excursions will turn into both boats in the same place at the same time? Hopefully they will alternate sites. Anyone hear anything or sai recently with both catamerans?

Sue

Last week we were told that yes they have just bought a second cat and it will start next month. I did not ask any questions though!!! Sorry!

I hear Gina bought a second catameran. I wonder if these 12 person excursions will turn into both boats in the same place at the same time? Hopefully they will alternate sites. Anyone hear anything or sai recently with both catamerans?

Sue

We have Gina booked 01, Oct 2014, I will report back about the 2 boat's and how it's handled.

They might use the 2ed boat for a completely different type tour.

Last week we were told that yes they have just bought a second cat and it will start next month. I did not ask any questions though!!! Sorry!

I do remember him telling me though that a cousin will be the Captain and the boat is identical except 2 feet shorter. (45 instead of 47). I do not know though if it will have the custom made ladder which made for super easy access back in the boat.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to add my 2 cents on Calabaza. Our day with Gina and her crew was the highlight of our 2 week cruise. The food, hospitality, scenery, turtles, everything was perfect!!!! The best excursion we've ever taken. 😍

• 2 weeks later...

Sept 1 2014

Our trip with Gina and crew was fantastic. I can't recommend them enough.

One thing that made the trip extra special was we actually sailed with the engines off.

It was so peaceful.

So many catamarans we have sailed on, put up a sail and still motor around.

As far as the second boat, It's still a work in progress. She said not until November if everything goes' OK.

Sept 1 2014

Our trip with Gina and crew was fantastic. I can't recommend them enough.

One thing that made the trip extra special was we actually sailed with the engines off.

It was so peaceful.

So many catamarans we have sailed on, put up a sail and still motor around.

As far as the second boat, It's still a work in progress. She said not until November if everything goes' OK.

Totally agree. We sat up front letting the sea spray cool us off. The bouncing of the catamaran as it went over the waves, was so relaxing and exciting at the same time!

• 5 months later...
Just booked with them for our cruise June 2015

Hi Sliderturk99, are you on the June 13 AOS cruise? We will be on that and have emailed Gina to see if there's availability but with only 12 people limit; I'm afraid we will be out of luck on this one.

If Gina doesn't have room, I HIGHLY recommend Cool Runnings. What a wonderful experience, great crew and delicious food and drink!

Thanks, I will. Is Cool Runnings very much like Calabaza? Do you know what the maximum number of people per excursion is? Their sites says a limited number but doesn't state how many.