Tours to Palestine from Ashdod

theriac

So I'm interested in going to Jericho, Ramallah, and Bethlehem one of the days I'm in Israel, but I cant seem to find any tour companies that offer going here. I know it's Israeli's are "off limits" to Palestine but surely there has to be two companies working together or a foreigner who can offer this kind of tour.

I know there's always a chance I wont be docking in Ashdod which is fine if the Celebrity deem it unsafe, but is it possible to find a tour from Ashdod that goes to Palestine other than just Bethlehem? Also is this doable on your own?

So I'm interested in going to Jericho, Ramallah, and Bethlehem one of the days I'm in Israel, but I cant seem to find any tour companies that offer going here. I know it's Israeli's are "off limits" to Palestine but surely there has to be two companies working together or a foreigner who can offer this kind of tour.

I know there's always a chance I wont be docking in Ashdod which is fine if the Celebrity deem it unsafe, but is it possible to find a tour from Ashdod that goes to Palestine other than just Bethlehem? Also is this doable on your own?

Lemme check one of the peace groups in Israel to see what I can find, okay?

Lemme check one of the peace groups in Israel to see what I can find, okay?

No need to check one of the groups Marion mentions. There is a well known company which runs the exact tour you are looking for out of Jerusalem, and they likely can arrange a tour to suit your schedule. As a local, the moderators will not allow me to post a direct link to the company, but you can easily find their tours with a Google search by entering 'Bethlehem Jericho Ramallah tours from Jerusalem.' You'll get a few results; do a quick check of those results with Tripadvisor, and you'll find the one company is most often recommended.

Be aware that visiting all three of these cities in one day will take an entire day. You should do this wth a group, not on your own - because of logistics, time, and, most importantly- safety. I have been to Bethlehem and Jericho (I am very familiar with the areas around Jericho), and have ventured very close to Ramallah, and you need to know exactly where and how to travel to Ramallah (this does not apply only to Israelis). That being said, any visit to the Ramallah area will be a truly eye opening experience - you will travel past the refugee camps on the outskirts of the city, and into an area of luxury housing and malls within the city of Ramallah itself. A complete tour will also take you to the new, very large luxury suburb of Ramallah named Rawabi, which is current under construction.

I believe you have been looking forward to your visit to Israel for quite some time? I certainly hope that in the very short 3 day span you have for your visit you give yourself time to explore Israel- that is a difficult enough task to do in only 3 days, but if you devote one of those days to visiting those three cities, you will miss many of Israel's most spectacular sites. However, if you enjoy desert views, then I always find the drive out of Jerusalem and into the desert (which is the route to the Dead Sea and Jericho) to be breathtaking. I take that drive at least twice weekly, and I never fail to gasp at the first turn which brings the desert into sight.

A heads up- reliable, legitimate tour companies (including the one I referred to) will refer to this as a tour to the West Bank. As you will be on a short visit to Israel, I wouldn't recommend risking a booking with anything but a very reliable company. I've been on a tour with one of the better known peace groups, and they were way off schedule in both pick up and drop off.

HTH, and please don't hesitate to ask further questions!

Ruth

Edited by happy trailer

Thanks for the replies, and I only want to do this as one day. The other day in Ashdod I'm going to Jerusalem and The Dead Sea. In Haifa I'm going to Gaililee and Nazareth. I just want to see get the other side other than 2 hours in Bethlehem if that makes sense.

I've seen a few tours from Jerusalem, that go to these places, I just wasn't sure if there were some from Ashdod.

You are right though I am very excited for this trip, I'm just hoping everything stays and the ship still docks there in November.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replies, and I only want to do this as one day. The other day in Ashdod I'm going to Jerusalem and The Dead Sea. In Haifa I'm going to Gaililee and Nazareth. I just want to see get the other side other than 2 hours in Bethlehem if that makes sense.

Haifa to Nazareth & Galilee in one day is OK, but Jerusalem and Dead Sea makes for a very long day - especially if you want to visit Masada as well, which is well worth the effort from the Dead Sea.

An overnite hotel in Jerusalem would give you significantly more time.

We had considered visiting Jericho but abandoned the idea because of the difficult logistics.

But you have great advice from Ruth, and I wish you well in seeing "the other side of the coin".

JB :)

That's too bad I'll be in Ashdod November 8th and 9th I would have loved to go to that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

So you said. I just posted that for general information, and here is the link to the fun, for anyone who might be in the neighborhood and for future reference.

The beer is sold within Israel, and it is quite good. I think supporting their economy is very important.

http://taybehbeer.com/oktoberfest/