Silver Box joy

Silver Spectre

It arrived by special delivery this morning.

The Travel Journal is....................................................................

exactly the same as the one we received in March, including the same incorrect contact information on the last page.

So all the helpful feedback and tips given on the Cloud in April have as yet been ignored.

Edited by LauraS

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Silver;

Sorry to hear SS has not made corrections to the Travel Journal.

But, at least y'all received the coveted silverbox--we look forward to receiving our next silver box in early February. Enjoy y'alls Shadow French Polynesia to Chile voyage.

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Silver;

Sorry to hear SS has not made corrections to the Travel Journal.

But, at least y'all received the coveted silverbox--we look forward to receiving our next silver box in early February. Enjoy y'alls Shadow French Polynesia to Chile voyage.

Thanks Wes. Really excited about being back on the Shadow again and looking forward to seeing Jimmy K.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received the silver box for our Antarctica cruise and was very disappointed with the

inconsistency of information provided and critical information omitted. For example:

-there is a packing list of expedition gear but zero about clothing suggestions for on board the ship. Nothing about the number of formal, casual, etc. nights.

-there is no easy sheet to give out to family members about how to contact us in an emergency.

-the luggage limitations for the Ushuaia charter are listed twice and they are significantly different. On Page 54, it lists a carry on limit of 5 kg. and a limit of two checked bags not to exceed 20 kgs. EACH. On Page 87, however, the carry on limit is 8 kg. and the total checked baggage limit is a TOTAL combined weight of 23 kg. These are very different limits. While I assume that the latter is correct, it would be easy for someone to just read the first section and overpack.

Accurate information in one place should be the goal of final documents. A big fail with these - I'd trade the snazzy booklet and glossy photographs for better, more useful guidelines.

Edited by Otis
Grammar

Accurate information in one place should be the goal of final documents. A big fail with these - I'd trade the snazzy booklet and glossy photographs for better, more useful guidelines.

Which I would think is essential for this type cruise.

Just received our information/tickets for our forthcoming cruise down the Amazon, we leave two weeks today. The Silver box has long gone, but the journal is OK.

Really looking forward to the cruise, meeting new people and completing a daily blog. :)

Certainly, the silver box that arrived yesterday for our upcoming Amazon cruise contained only the journal and the rather naff luggage labels. However, this was compensated by the inclusion of a rather nice travel wallet from the TA that included a set of luggage tags, calculator (to keep tabs on OH's spending, I presume), pen, air tickets, transfers and hotel details.

So...2weeks today we will be in our suite at the Crane Beach with the prospect of 17 days on the Whisper. Not the worst way to end the year.

I do so wish there was the choice to opt out of hard copy, and be able to down load and print only those docs that are relevant.

The Silver Box is an awful waste of paper and delivery costs - the amount courier service to Bermuda costs, I'd rather have my fare reduced by that sum.

I cruise other lines too, and I always just print out what I want (including perfectly adequate luggage tags) and it works just fine.

Certainly, the silver box that arrived yesterday for our upcoming Amazon cruise contained only the journal and the rather naff luggage labels. However, this was compensated by the inclusion of a rather nice travel wallet from the TA that included a set of luggage tags, calculator (to keep tabs on OH's spending, I presume), pen, air tickets, transfers and hotel details.

So...2weeks today we will be in our suite at the Crane Beach with the prospect of 17 days on the Whisper. Not the worst way to end the year.

Hope you have a lovely voyage...

Sophia :)

Have a great voyage, enjoy your silver box, and I hope you find the new boutique interesting and the new entertainment actually onboard and working.

PS the BOX is being enjoyed by my wife and a few others!

Have a great voyage, enjoy your silver box, and I hope you find the new boutique interesting and the new entertainment actually onboard and working.

Thanks for that.

PS the BOX is being enjoyed by my wife and a few others!

Good to hear that some things don't change :cool: As long as she doesn't try and open the window....

Edited by Tothesunset