Yukon - Skagway Denver Glacier Dogsledding

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:51 AM.
Virginia
187 Posts
Joined May 2001
Will be in Skagway May 28, 2005. We would like to do the dogsledding and the Emerald Lake drive. Have read some about helicopter trips for the dogsledding being cancelled due to weather. Was wondering if you have any advice on what time of day is better for the dogsledding?

Thanks for all of your advice you give and I have already printed off your milepost by milepost drive itinerary.

Thanks.

Stan
Syracuse, New York
50,107 Posts
Joined May 2000
www.temscoair.com is the only company out of Skagway for glacier dog sledding. No guarantees on weather so don't even bother worrying about it. Myself I book morning flights, but flight schedules now are tight and fully booked- it is unlikely you would get another slot if canceled.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Alaska travels

[email protected]
New York
1,073 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
We did the dogsledding first thing in the morning with Temsco out of Skagway. Again, no guarantees about the weather at any time of day, but it was nice and quiet. We were the only ones up there and it was after we returned that we noticed the large groups from the ships in their office and waiting for helicopter after helicopter.