Solo Cruisers - no supplements on some repos again

AmoMondo

Just to let those of you who have benefitted in the past from the no single supplement for travelling alone, the UK site have reintroduced this.

It is combined with the £35 per night offer. Got booked on 14 night April 2016 Georgetown Barbados to Genoa for £770 in a B2 Fantastica. Insides were £440.

No idea now widespread this is, but good news after the number of cruises we could not even book at any price this year.

Just to let those of you who have benefitted in the past from the no single supplement for travelling alone, the UK site have reintroduced this.

It is combined with the £35 per night offer. Got booked on 14 night April 2016 Georgetown Barbados to Genoa for £770 in a B2 Fantastica. Insides were £440.

No idea now widespread this is, but good news after the number of cruises we could not even book at any price this year.

We'll get to meet, i've booked the 14 night caribbean march 22nd

B2B with the April 5 TA in a B3 aurea

We'll get to meet, i've booked the 14 night caribbean march 22nd B2B with the April 5 2016 Trans Atlantic in a B3 aurea cost of the TA £856, which makes the Allegrissimo package plus 1 spa treatment only based on your price £76 (£5.42 pppn). You may want to try and upgrade. it's got to be worth it.

loking at my image eithrer ther has been a price rise since 24th april when I booked or they have applied a singles suppplement £770 divided by £616 is exactly 1.25 (ie 25% supplement)

orchestra%201.jpg

Pete

AmoMondo,

If you were told there was no singles supplement then they've lied to you.

i did the pricing 2 minutes ago with a Black card discount and got the same prices i got in the post above

Screen shot from 2 minutes ago I promise I haven't posted the same image twice; you can see a diffrence in that one says "discount applied correctly"

RING MSC and complain you've been misled

Peteamoondo.jpg

Edited by Skier52

AmoMondo,

If you were told there was no singles supplement then they've lied to you.

i did the pricing 2 minutes ago with a Black card discount and got the same prices i got in the post above

Screen shot from 2 minutes ago I promise I haven't posted the same image twice; you can see a diffrence in that one says "discount applied correctly"

RING MSC and complain you've been misled

Peteamoondo.jpg

Aah, perhaps it was too good to be true!

I booked it online Pete last night. Funnily enough though I was not getting any Black Card discount on the promotion. Didn't mind though as the no supplement more than makes up for it.

I was getting different prices from you though. The Fantastica and Bella for a balcony were both £770 but Aurea was around £1700.

I'll phone them today to check all is well although it is all showing at that proce on my dashboard.

If they have made a mistake, that is their problem, I've got a booking reference showing all the details including only one passenger at £770, so they may have to accept that.

Regardless, I'm delighted we will have the opportunity to meet in person at last.

Aah, perhaps it was too good to be true!

I booked it online Pete last night. Funnily enough though I was not getting any Black Card discount on the promotion. Didn't mind though as the no supplement more than makes up for it.

I was getting different prices from you though. The Fantastica and Bella for a balcony were both £770 but Aurea was around £1700.

I'll phone them today to check all is well although it is all showing at that proce on my dashboard.

If they have made a mistake, that is their problem, I've got a booking reference showing all the details including only one passenger at £770, so they may have to accept that.

Regardless, I'm delighted we will have the opportunity to meet in person at last.

Just tried another trial booking. I've got the same prices as last night. I got it wrong about no supplement, but it is a very lowly 25% on Bella and Fantastica. On Surea it is the usual 100%. So definitely better in that 1. I'm allowed to book and 2. Supplement is really low on the offer.

Did you by any chance get a black card discount with this deal? I have in the past but it isn't coming up with this promotion.

Just tried another trial booking. I've got the same prices as last night. I got it wrong about no supplement, but it is a very lowly 25% on Bella and Fantastica. On Surea it is the usual 100%. So definitely better in that 1. I'm allowed to book and 2. Supplement is really low on the offer.

Did you by any chance get a black card discount with this deal? I have in the past but it isn't coming up with this promotion.

Yes I got the full 20%

Just one thought:- this cruise has 3 starting points

Apr 2nd from Martinique 18 nights

Apr 3rd from Guadalope 16 nights

Apr 5th from Barbados 14 nights

All three come up on screen when searching the MSC web site. Have you accidently picked the wrong cruise as they all look very similar on screen?

Pete

Yes I got the full 20%

Just one thought:- this cruise has 3 starting points

Apr 2nd from Martinique 18 nights

Apr 3rd from Guadalope 16 nights

Apr 5th from Barbados 14 nights

All three come up on screen when searching the MSC web site. Have you accidently picked the wrong cruise as they all look very similar on screen?

Pete

It's all sorted. I'm boarding in Barbados and got my 20% discount and pId a supplement of 25%. See you onboard next year!

It's all sorted. I'm boarding in Barbados and got my 20% discount and pId a supplement of 25%. See you onboard next year!

I'm pleased you have got it all sorted and that you got your discount albeit you didn't get 0% supplement.

Pete

I'll probably have a little friend with me , Bedford Bear, when we go on the cruise so you'll be able to meet him as well

Wow!! Fantastic prices :D

Do you mind me who you use for the flights? I need to look at this :) Cheers

I used BA for EDI-LGW and LGW-BGI. One way fare was about £1200 but using 25000 Avios only cost around £200. I'll also be using about 8000 Avios for GOA-LGW and LGW-EDI for the return leg on disembarkation date.

MSC may be able to do flights if you don't have Avios or reward points with any other airline. When I was on the phone to them sorting things out, she asked if I wanted flights but told her I was using Avios.

In addition to boarding at Barbados you can also board before at Guadeloupe or Martinique. Corsair do relatively cheap flights from Orly. I'd considered doing that previously and buying a flight with Easyjet to Paris CDG the day before.

Edited by AmoMondo

I'm pleased you have got it all sorted and that you got your discount albeit you didn't get 0% supplement.

Pete

I'll probably have a little friend with me , Bedford Bear, when we go on the cruise so you'll be able to meet him as well

Yeah, all good. The 0% didn't exist! my mistake assuming it was that when I saw the ridiculously low prices across insides! outsides and balconies at Bell and Fantastica. It was 25% but partly masked by my 20% discount. Very happy to get a 14 night cruise in a balcony for just £770. Not as great as your rock bottom bargain on the South African repo but still great compared to solo pricing this year.

Managed to get a flight out that LANs on the Sunday afternoon using Avios and will do the same for flight back from Genoa. So all flights costing around £225 and 33000 Avios.

Hilton Barbados had a deal on too for the 2 night pre cruise stay.

Yeah, all good. The 0% didn't exist! my mistake assuming it was that when I saw the ridiculously low prices across insides! outsides and balconies at Bell and Fantastica. It was 25% but partly masked by my 20% discount. Very happy to get a 14 night cruise in a balcony for just £770. Not as great as your rock bottom bargain on the South African repo but still great compared to solo pricing this year.

Managed to get a flight out that LANs on the Sunday afternoon using Avios and will do the same for flight back from Genoa. So all flights costing around £225 and 33000 Avios.

Hilton Barbados had a deal on too for the 2 night pre cruise stay.

Couldn't find any cheap flights that fit with our first cruise of the two B2B, on the 22nd March, so bit the bullet and had the MSC provided flight to Bridgetown (£490 each). Did look at staying 2 nights prior to the cruise, but the stay and the flights were substancially more than the MSC flight.

Cheapest flight £695 each, 2 nights in a four star hotel £520 (very few rooms left for that week end) ( My OH won't stay in anything less than 4 star); total £1890 as against £980 from MSC.

so my flight out to Barbados can't really be compared to AmoMondo's as they are 2 weeks apart.

Return flight from Genoa €40 (euros :- £29.41) plus 3500 avios each.

The Genoa flight is now on line, it became available last friday at €71 (euros). already prebooked my extra leg room seats.

Petee

:(:(: I can only book through the Spanish site and it's 2,079euro for the Aurea balcony :(:(: Might have to re-think :rolleyes:

Ouch! That is similar to the price I was getting for Aurea too. I'm much better buying Fantastica and buying Allegrissimo separately.

If you are British you could try using a UK Ts or phoning MSC UK to see if you can book the UK price

I can only book through the Spanish site and it's 2,079euro for the Aurea balcony :(:(: Might have to re-think :rolleyes:

Ouch! That is similar to the price I was getting for Aurea too. I'm much better buying Fantastica and buying Allegrissimo separately.

If you are British you could try using a UK Ts or phoning MSC UK to see if you can book the UK price

Current UK prices with NO MSC Club discoumt are

Inside Bella:- £490 (€670)

Inside Fantastica:- £490 (€670)

OV Bella:- £630 (€857)

OV Fantastica:- £630 (€857)

Balcony Bella:- £770 (€1047)

Balcony Fantastica:- £770 (€1047)

Balcony Aurea :- £1070 (€1445)

Balcony Suite (Aurea):- £1370 (€1863)

So if you can boook via a UK travel agent there are saving to be had and even bigger savings if you have an MSC Club card.

Pete

How sad Amomondo - that means you won't be joining me on the Zenith repo!

For comparison purposes, I obtained one of the 'Grand Suites', three times the size of a regular outside cabin with 'Grand Class' freebies for a little under £700 for 14 nights with zero sole-occupancy supplement. I will have the party room but few to party with :(.

Good use of Avios though. I will flying from Madrid to avoid UK long haul APD.

I'm on the cruise out of Barbados next April. Also, booked flights with TA, out of gatwick. Great price for singles. Has anyone started a roll call for cruise yet?

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on the cruise out of Barbados next April. Also, booked flights with TA, out of gatwick. Great price for singles. Has anyone started a roll call for cruise yet?

Carol

Hi Carol,

I've not started a roll call yet. Also flying from Gatwick on the morning flight on Sunday 3 Apr. Wanted to build in a some leeway and also wanted to spend some time on the beach before boarding the ship. Which day are you flying out?

Mairi

Hi Mairi,

I've booked with a TA, and have booked cruise and flights. I assume I'll be flying out on the 5th, landing and join the ship. Don't know any details regarding the flights. This is the first time I will be doing a fly cruise. I normally sail from Southampton and back. This is all very new to me.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...