Bringing wine on board

Sailing Radiance next Friday!! First cruise for me. I know I can bring on 2 bottles of wine- do I pack in checked baggage or carry on? Or does it not matter? Can't seem to find an answer.. RC's website just says "Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom"

Thanks in advance!

Sailing Radiance next Friday!! First cruise for me. I know I can bring on 2 bottles of wine- do I pack in checked baggage or carry on? Or does it not matter? Can't seem to find an answer.. RC's website just says "Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom"

Thanks in advance!

Your choice to use checked bags or carry on. I prefer carry-on to minimize chance of breakage and avoid potential for checked bags being delayed by security.

Thanks in advance!

Carry on. Enjoy your first Cruise.

I posted this earlier: We don't want to be loaded down with carry on bags tomorrow. If we put our 2 allotted bottles of wine in our checked bag (carefully wrapped of course), will we be called to naughty room?

Received one response which was non-conclusive. So, I have the bottles in my cases (similar to the wine diapers referenced above). I guess I'll take my chances with the naughty room. I'm allowed the two bottles so nothing to feel naughty about.

I posted this earlier: We don't want to be loaded down with carry on bags tomorrow. If we put our 2 allotted bottles of wine in our checked bag (carefully wrapped of course), will we be called to naughty room?

Received one response which was non-conclusive. So, I have the bottles in my cases (similar to the wine diapers referenced above). I guess I'll take my chances with the naughty room. I'm allowed the two bottles so nothing to feel naughty about.

The only bummer would be standing in line with the rest of the naughty people. BTW it's ok to be naughty. Bon Voyage.

Edited by davekathy

The reason you go to the "naughty room" is because they don't know if those bottles are in addition to 2 bottles that you carried on. Also over the years I have witnessed liquid running out of stacked luggage to the bags below!

It might and it might not. My wife's bag got sent to the naughty room on our last cruise (Liberty of the Seas) for a bottle of wrinkle spray. My belief is any liquid in a certain amount could trigger getting sent to the naughty room.

And I'll post my same answer here. It's not just "about you".

If I were on your cruise, and you put your wine in your checked bag, and the porters chucked your bag on top of mine, and another heavy bag on top of yours, breaking your wine, causing it to soak your suitcase and ooze down into mine, I WOULD BE LIVID.

So please carry on your wine. ;) :)

The reason you go to the "naughty room" is because they don't know if those bottles are in addition to 2 bottles that you carried on. Also over the years I have witnessed liquid running out of stacked luggage to the bags below!

How do they know people have carried on their two bottles?

I too posted to your thread - and from what I saw believe the consensus was Carry-On, not checked. Yes, you are allowed the two bottles -- but why would you want to risk wasting your time waiting for luggage or standing in line at the naughty room versus out-and-about enjoying the ship.:)

And I'll post my same answer here. It's not just "about you".

If I were on your cruise, and you put your wine in your checked bag, and the porters chucked your bag on top of mine, and another heavy bag on top of yours, breaking your wine, causing it to soak your suitcase and ooze down into mine, I WOULD BE LIVID.

So please carry on your wine. ;) :)

Agree Merion_Mom.

OP -- have a great cruise and carry-on the wine! (another benefit to carrying it on is: you might be able to access your cabin long before your luggage shows up at your door -- you can enjoy a glass (or two) in your cabin while you wait for it.)

Edited by jaspercat

How do they know people have carried on their two bottles?

I'm also curious about this question. If we carry-on two bottles and have two more in the checked luggage - how can they know if we have carried already two bottles with us onboard if they ask us to come down to the naughty room? :D

I have both carried on and put wine in my checked luggage.

Security checked that the carry on wine was 2 per cabin. As all the checked wine came to me -- 2 per bag in multiple bags I don't think they had crossed checked to see if I had already carried wine on board.

I ended up with 9 bottles of wine in my cabin. We had 6 rooms so we hadn't gone over the limit. The older people in my family could not handle carrying wine on board, although they enjoyed a glass with dinner.

This was in Bayonne and I was not called to naughty room and all wine was delivered.