Onboard scavenger hunt for younger kids

JulsInAZ

We're taking our five year old on his first cruise this year and will have a couple sea days to have some fun together on the ship. I want to make a photo scavenger hunt for him and need to come up with a list of things for him to find and photograph. Anyone have suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks for any help!!!

One that my kids played on Eurodom (organized by Club-Hal) was similar to a bingo grid.

Each grid had the name of a country or language. The kids then had to go across the ship and find either passengers or crew from those countries and ask how they said a specific word - it might have been HELLO or LOVE, but I can't remember for sure.

What ship are you on? DCL has the scavenger hunt machine (or is it a crime game?). You pick up the card and then travel looking for clues. It's lots of fun.

On X, the counsellers have scavenger hunts that they send the kids on. Most are related to ship facts. They have to talk to various officers of the ship to find out the answers. Thinks like gross tonnage, ship registry etc. I can't remember all the things they did, but my kids loved the scavenger hunts.

Thank you for the ideas!

We'll be on NCL Jewel. I know their kids programming is changing, so I want to be prepared with activities in case my son decides he doesn't want to participate in the club.

Thanks again! :)

Great idea! In fact, I'm going to steal it. :D

In return, this is the list I developed so far:

(1) Gelato (red and yellow)

(2) Mortadella

(3) Cabin number sign

(4) Palm tree

(5) Your brother/sister on stage

(6) Life boat

(7) An ice cream cone, half eaten

(8) Two mermaids (in one picture)

(9) Sparkly staircase

(10) Do-Re-Me

(11) Life ring

(12) Ping pong table

(13) Your keycard

(14) A water slide

(15) A basketball hoop

(16) Bowling alley

(17) Full size race car

(18) Piano

#10 is MSC's mascot so is line-specific, but could be replaced with something similar. The others are based on the ship itself, but most are probably on any ship.

#7 "half eaten" is my nefarious plan to get extra ice cream since we'll have to keep going back until they remember to take the picture.

I would google the Jewel and look for high res images. Every ship seems to have some unique sculptures and decor that would make the hunt a bit more challenging.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

True, and its probably true of most lines. However, that's only for the kids who can check themselves out of camp.

There is also a family scavenger hunt for younger kids on Carnival (6 - 8), but I'm going to go with my own... and perhaps we'll do the ship version also.

They are scheduled events, which could be good or bad. Here is somewhat old thread with some detail: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1889387