Solo travel needs advise on which beach to choose.

cruiseelady

Hi, I need a bit of advise please. I cruise alone. I want to take a taxi to a beach, just don't know which one to pick.

I don't need a chair nor umbrella. MY requirement is only that its not too far from the port, safe and clean, hopefully has bathrooms. Also a beach with calm waters as I don't know how to swim. Which beach would recommend?

How does a taxi work, if I come up will they put me alone in the taxi or will wait for more people who are going in my direction? What is the rate for taxi to those beaches?

St. John USVI is one of my favorite places - natural, quiet beauty.

There will be cabs at the pier, but I like to hike from the National Park Service building on a path that goes through the trees for a stop off at a wonderful secluded beach then on to the beach at Caneel Bay Resort. Then I can back from there. This March I will take a cab to Trunk Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dickinson bay is a very nice beach in Antigua fairly close to the cruise port (10-15 minutes by cab, $13 each way). Just walk off the ship and enter the shopping area. Just keep walking until you encounter the taxi wranglers.

We accessed the beach through Antigua village, where we rented chairs and gained access to the restrooms in a restaurant on the beach. Not sure if you can access the bathrooms without a chair rental.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not sure if you can access the bathrooms without a chair rental.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not a problem for "Towels", as they usually end up just using the sea, under the pretext of going for a swim :eek:

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Just to be clear (OP), I think you mean St. John's (Antigua) / Lesser Antilles, and not St. John's (St Thomas) as it is easy to confuse.

But seeing that we are going to be on the same cruise (OP), I'll direct you to here for additional information on beaches:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g147243-St_John_s_Saint_John_Parish_Antigua_Antigua_and_Barbuda-Vacations.html

Safe travels,

Edited by Cwipes

Just to be clear (OP), I think you mean St. John's (Antigua) / Lesser Antilles, and not St. John's (St Thomas) as it is easy to confuse.

http://****************************/cruise-k96246-eastern-caribbean-norwegian-breakaway-new-york-ny

But seeing that we are going to be on the same cruise (OP), I'll direct you to here for additional information on beaches:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g147243-St_John_s_Saint_John_Parish_Antigua_Antigua_and_Barbuda-Vacations.html

Safe travels,

Thanks, Enjoy your cruise or should I say our cruise :)