Air France - LAY FLAT SEATS!

Hi all...

just to bring it back to the original topic for a sec...

I booked business class on AF for our July, 2017 PG cruise way back when and chose seats. Several weeks later I got an email from AF telling us there was a change. They had changed our seats. The email asked me to call if I wanted different seats.

They changed us to two single seats by windows. We wanted to be next to each other so I called and the rep verified that our particular flight now had the flat seats in business with the 1-2-1 configuration. We moved to the two seats in the middle.

I figure that because we have an overnight flight on the way to Tahiti from LAX, having the window doesn't matter at all. The flight back to LAX leaves early in the morning so I'll be sad not to see the blue water fade away as we leave but perhaps there will be empty window seats?? :)

Any thoughts/opinions about seats are welcome but in sum, it appears that AF does indeed have flat seats at this time! Yippee!

Likely the same aircraft type/version for Air France to PPT we flew last December ...

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-200_C.php

Find it rather interesting that Air France flies Boeing planes and in 2018 Air Tahiti Nui will join them with new 787 aircraft

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Likely the same aircraft type/version for Air France to PPT we flew last December ...

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-200_C.php

Find it rather interesting that Air France flies Boeing planes and in 2018 Air Tahiti Nui will join them with new 787 aircraft

If your flight did have flat bed it was an aberration. They are only to be introduced to Tahiti in the Spring of next year. AF had a special event in Papeete to announce their new configuration and upgraded seats.

One reason why I never flew AF before as their biz seats were angle flat and not flat bed. We only pay Biz fares for flat bed. That is why we never bother going Biz on ATN except if we score cheap upgrades.

Further in the summer months AF will be flying the change aircraft which only has 7 rows of Biz. Your version of seat guru does not accurately reflect the facts. There are a lot of complaints on flyer talk about the inaccuracy of seat guru. This also applies to some other Air France flights.

If your flight did have flat bed it was an aberration. They are only to be introduced to Tahiti in the Spring of next year. AF had a special event in Papeete to announce their new configuration and upgraded seats.

One reason why I never flew AF before as their biz seats were angle flat and not flat bed. We only pay Biz fares for flat bed. That is why we never bother going Biz on ATN except if we score cheap upgrades.

Further in the summer months AF will be flying the change aircraft which only has 7 rows of Biz. Your version of seat guru does not accurately reflect the facts. There are a lot of complaints on flyer talk about the inaccuracy of seat guru. This also applies to some other Air France flights.

The business class shown does have a 1-2-1 business class configuration and it is a Boeing 777-200ER. They may have recently changed the configuration and put in flat business but the aircraft is the same type/model as they will be flying in the future.

Heck, I never fly business, you know that Emdee ....... just trying to show the new 1-2-1 configuration within the aircraft that will be used, nothing more.

The business class shown does have a 1-2-1 business class configuration and it is a Boeing 777-200ER. They may have recently changed the configuration and put in flat business but the aircraft is the same type/model as they will be flying in the future.

Heck, I never fly business, you know that Emdee ....... just trying to show the new 1-2-1 configuration within the aircraft that will be used, nothing more.

The seat configuration is basically correct but the Biz cabins are not as large as on the seat guru map. The old configuration was 7 across.

The seat configuration is basically correct but the Biz cabins are not as large as on the seat guru map. The old configuration was 7 across.

This should be the correct configuration for this international flight. AF also has another configuration with a few less business seats but still in the 1-2-1 layout. This comes right off of the AF site.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/plan-cabine-LC-plan-B777-200-280-best.htm

This should be the correct configuration for this international flight. AF also has another configuration with a few less business seats but still in the 1-2-1 layout. This comes right off of the AF site.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/plan-cabine-LC-plan-B777-200-280-best.htm

Right one.

We go on AF Biz overnight to Papeete in July but return AF coach as it's a day flight. We try to have the flatbed for overnight or long flights like those to the Far East. Sometimes we cobble together a mixture of business and coach for our convenience and to keep costs down,

Will be on the dreaded ATN in coach in Jan. Fortunately our flight from Auckland is 5 hours only but will suck it up returning to LAX. Will be great to be on the PG after 2.5 years.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all...

just to bring it back to the original topic for a sec...

I booked business class on AF for our July, 2017 PG cruise way back when and chose seats. Several weeks later I got an email from AF telling us there was a change. They had changed our seats. The email asked me to call if I wanted different seats.

They changed us to two single seats by windows. We wanted to be next to each other so I called and the rep verified that our particular flight now had the flat seats in business with the 1-2-1 configuration. We moved to the two seats in the middle.

I figure that because we have an overnight flight on the way to Tahiti from LAX, having the window doesn't matter at all. The flight back to LAX leaves early in the morning so I'll be sad not to see the blue water fade away as we leave but perhaps there will be empty window seats?? :)

Any thoughts/opinions about seats are welcome but in sum, it appears that AF does indeed have flat seats at this time! Yippee!

HI TyMike,

We booked AF Business for our October 2017 PG Cruise because of the flat bed seats. We flew economy previously on ATN to Tahiti and it was not pleasant to say the least. This is our 2nd and likely our last big trip to FP so we decided to splurge on Business and I think we will be glad we did. Business on Air France was significantly less then ATN and ATN does not have flat bed seats.

We took center seats as well on our flights.

Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Great news! We are going on the this ship next July. I booked my Air France flights from Los Angeles to learn their 777-200 aircraft have been reconfigured for 2017 with the new cabins. That means amazing pods with lay flat seats (not angled as they currently are) in business and economy plus which is like domestic first. Great news as previously there were no true lay flat seats to Tahiti. Air Tahiti Nui has a business class cabin with angled seats which are just okay.

We are cruising July 15th..are you cruising that week???

How about Xanax or generic equivalent? I know folks who swear by it.

I am one of those people who swear by XANAX! I always take one when flying! that is the only time I take them..It totally relaxes me as I get a bit nervous flying. Does not drug me in any way..I call it my chill pill...my Dr. always calls me in a few for vacations!

How about Xanax or generic equivalent? I know folks who swear by it.

I am one of those who swear by XANAX...I call it my CHILL PILL. It totally relaxes me but does not drug me. I get a bit nervous when I fly. This is the only time I take them. My Dr. always gives me a few for vacations!