Bus to Spotts Beach

houseflipper48

Does anyone know if the local busses drop off at Spotts Beach? Aprox how far is it from cruise terminal?

THX!!

I'd assume the North Side / East End buses run right by there, but why would you want to go there? There are much better beaches that are easier to get to, IMO.

I'd assume the North Side / East End buses run right by there, but why would you want to go there? There are much better beaches that are easier to get to, IMO.

I've read that the snorkeling there is wonderful, that there's a possibility of seeing turtles and stingrays. Do you have experience with this place and can give me a better suggestion? We also plan to hit Cemetery Beach as well.

Thanks!!!

I've read that the snorkeling there is wonderful, that there's a possibility of seeing turtles and stingrays. Do you have experience with this place and can give me a better suggestion? We also plan to hit Cemetery Beach as well.

Thanks!!!

Are you sure it's Spotts that you've read about? I've never snorkelled there, but since it's the alternate cruise ship tendering area I can't see how much reef, etc there would be in that area. If it is Spotts, it's a hidden gem that I'm just learning about after 40-50 trips to Cayman over the last decade. :-) Do you have a link to the review? My interest is peaked...

Spotts is maybe 15 minutes outside of town in the opposite direction of the port as Cemetery Beach. Going to both those places, especially by bus, will eat up a lot of your visit in travel time.

If you're experienced, Eden Rock right near the cruise port is a good spot. I haven't had a chance to go yet myself, but Smith Cove (just past Eden Rock) seems to get generally good reviews. Most of Seven Mile Beach is mediocre for snorkelling.

Anything else is really going to require a rental car or excursion.

Are you sure it's Spotts that you've read about? I've never snorkelled there, but since it's the alternate cruise ship tendering area I can't see how much reef, etc there would be in that area. If it is Spotts, it's a hidden gem that I'm just learning about after 40-50 trips to Cayman over the last decade. :-) Do you have a link to the review? My interest is peaked...

Spotts is maybe 15 minutes outside of town in the opposite direction of the port as Cemetery Beach. Going to both those places, especially by bus, will eat up a lot of your visit in travel time.

If you're experienced, Eden Rock right near the cruise port is a good spot. I haven't had a chance to go yet myself, but Smith Cove (just past Eden Rock) seems to get generally good reviews. Most of Seven Mile Beach is mediocre for snorkelling.

Anything else is really going to require a rental car or excursion.

The reviews I've read are on Trip Advisor. . We are experienced snorkelers and have our own equipment. We may take the bus to Cemetery for a couple of hours and snag a taxi to either Spotts or Eden. THX!!

Edited by houseflipper48