Options for getting a group of 8 to Valley Church Beach

71Corvette

Hello,

We'll be in Antigua next month and have decided to do a beach day at Valley Church Beach. It seems like taking a taxi or two will be our best option but I thought it was worth asking opinions here given that the taxis can get relatively expensive.

Thanks

For Antiqua, we had intended to go to Darkwood Beach as read about on these boards. However, the drivers do not seem too interested in taking you there. A British group from the P&O ship Azura was looking for 2 more people to go to Valley Church beach so we decided to join them. I knew I did not want to do Jolly Beach. A very fun ride and conversation with the Brits. We all decided on a return meet time of 3 pm with the same taxi driver. We did not pay until we got back to the port. $32 round trip for two. When we got to the beach, it was not too busy. We were walked way down to the right side as you enter the beach. At first I was a bit concerned that we were taken so far down the beach (around 9:20am) but by noon the middle part of the beach was packed so good choice. I also read a review about Darkwood from last week and it did not sound good. So maybe the locals are correct. A local woman was talking us into Valley Church said that the facilities are much nicer at Valley Church. We split an order of Coconut Shrimp- probably the biggest coconut shrimp I have even had. Delicious too. So guess Valley Church was a great choice. I would say get there early and decide with the group before hand what time you want to come back.

You may have to wait for a full van before they take just the 8 of you but maybe not.

• 4 months later...

You can also take the bus for $1.50 pp. we have done it twice now. It's alittle bit of a walk from the port tho. So if you aren't up for the walk don't do it. Plus you get a bit more of the local flavor as you have to walk thru town. really pretty easy tho.