Island Tour/ personal belongings

RedheadsRFun

This is our first cruise. I'm looking into booking a sightseeing and beach tour for the 4 of us (2 adults , 2 eight year olds). We're docking at havensight from 11-7.

1. Any recommendations in tour company from personal experience? I know i want to got to Magens Bay for my choice of beach.

2. Some of the tours I've looked at have shopping first then beach. What do you do with the stuff you bought when you're at the beach?

We took a cab to Megan's bay for $8.00 one way and there are shuttles to come back for either $8 or $10 each. There is a large shopping area at the port or you can take a short 10 minute walk to downtown Charlotte Amelia for more shopping and the local market.

I recommend going to Megan's bay first till about 1 or 2 then go back shopping in town. St Thomas is our favorite port plus we stay a week on the island in January of 2015. You will absolutely love the island and Megan's bay is a beautiful beach. You can rent lounge chairs cheap set up under a palm tree get drinks and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many people get a dry bag for their cash and keys so they can keep them on their person when they go in the water. I can't remember if you can rent lockers at the Magens Bay Boutique so you may want to check their website.

Others take turns watching their personal property. Some ask others to watch their stuff.

If you hire a private driver for a tour that includes beach, the driver will keep your belongings in his vehicle and will guard it as the driver will guard you and his vehicle. Taxj drivers don't want any issues so they try to keep people and belongings safe.

• 7 months later...

We have used Godfrey Tours a couple of times. He locks anything you want in the cab of the vehicle. It's an open-air shuttle that carries about 20 people. Check out his website, godfreytours dot com. He's very accommodating and there are a few options regarding, shopping, island tour, beach.