Chucktownsteve please help

ktbmhb

Good Afternoon,

We will be in Charleston on 2/27 and want to take a tour using Viator. I believe I read on a thread that their tours were pretty good and less than RCCL which only has a few tours.

My husband and I were thinking of doing one of the culinary tours. Not sure which one but they both seem to be about the same price.

Our DD may want to do one of the Ghost tours and again not sure which one.

Do you have any suggestions?

I believe my DM and her BF may do a carriage tour and from what I read she should look for Palmetto Carriage Co and ask for a discount.

Thanks for you help!

My husband and I were thinking of doing one of the culinary tours. Not sure which one but they both seem to be about the same price.

Our DD may want to do one of the Ghost tours and again not sure which one.

Do you have any suggestions?

I believe my DM and her BF may do a carriage tour and from what I read she should look for Palmetto Carriage Co and ask for a discount.

I'm not Chucktown Steve but I live in Charleston. Do you have a link to the culinary tours you're considering? Downtown Charleston has a great food scene, so my guess is a culinary tour would probably be a good option. A few years ago I bought a Groupon for a mixology tour downtown and went with several girlfriends and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't recall for sure, but believe it was through Charleston Culinary Tours, and I recall that they also did food tours. It's very possible that whatever you're looking at through Viator is offered through the same company, so look into it. It may be cheaper if you don't go through a middleman (Viator).

I also did a ghost tour a while back. Personally, I found it rather boring. It was a lot of "some people claim that this house...." but very little concrete factual information. I would suggest a regular historical walking tour instead. Get the fascinating history of Charleston without all the hokey speculation about "ghosts." But that's just my .02.

You'll get much the same general information from either a walking tour or a carriage tour, so probably no need to do both.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting back to me. I've only seen the tours with Viator but I'll look into Charleston Culinary Tours and see what they have.

Is downtown Charleston near the pier? About how far away do you think it is?

The mixology tour is not being given the day we are there or that's the ones we might have chosen!!!

How's the weather that time of year? Another thing to think about.