Dolphin encounter

claven

We are on the March 5th, Norwegian Getaway Eastern itinerary. We are looking at a dolphin encounter, me, my wife and 6 year old. I see there are a few options for all the ports we are going to. Any recommendations for the best one of all the ports.

Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Harvest Caye, Belize

Costa Maya, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico

Dennis

Cozumel!!! Go to Chankanaab. It's an amazing place, awesome area for the dolphins and it also includes admission to the National Park, which has TONS of things there and is absolutely beautiful there. (Even free sea lion shows, alligator exhibits, awesome snorkeling, pool, and much more).

The best part about this is that I can almost guarantee that you won't find a dolphin swim in another port for cheaper. On top of that, if you watch...you will find them running specials such as BOGO, or sometimes you get a discount for booking early and buy one and get another for $1.

I would double check minimum ages with all of the dolphin operators. You may find that at 6 your options are limited. All things equal, the dolphins at Anthony's Key in Roatan is hard to beat. We have done Dolphin discovery in Cozumel. It was OK but I agree with the above that the rest of the day at the park was really good. You can visit the dolphin discovery website and chat with them. Ask what the deal of the day is, you can get the price down if you don't buy right away.

We did the Ruins in Costa Maya. To be honest, I would not torture a 6 year old with big rocks they can not climb. My 7 and 9 year olds did OK but it was not their favorite day of the trip. We used Native Choice and they were FANTASTIC. But if I had to do it again, I would have waited until they were older. It was a long ride, it was REALLY hot and there really wasn't much for the kids to do.

Edited by momto2js