Carambola beach club with kids

JH31115

Traveling this summer with my family. We have 2 yr old twins, so need a beach close by with shade and facilities. Is carambola a good option? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://reservations.carambolabeachclub.com/api/reserve.php?outletID=2

Children are classed as people on the Booking form

We were just there. We also have twins who are now 21, but I am a worry wart Mom and when they were 2 years old I would have definitely felt safe with them at Carambola. The beach is narrow but decent size, however as you walk further down toward the black sand beach portion where there are island type beach club/bars it gets extremely narrow. We saw many families with little ones down that end and literally their chairs were at or in the water. This particular stretch of beach didn't seem safe for the young kids. The water was pretty choppy the day we were there. So, my point is if you go to this stretch of beach, Carambola is the best area for what you want, stay in that area. You can reserve lounge chairs and umbrellas for $10 a piece. They provided so much shade that we put the umbrellas down for a bit to actually get some sun! The bathrooms are VERY clean and there are showers to rinse off as well. We didn't order anything but there is food and drink service as well. We enjoyed our day. It is about a 15 minute cab ride from the port and should cost $4 per person each way.

Edited by luvtovaca

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on RCL Adventure of the Seas last week and our Thursday port of call was St.Kitts.

We opted to go to Carambola Beach Club---$30 USD for two beach chairs + umbrella.

It was my wife & myself but many families with small children were at Carambola.

Beautiful beach, calm water, wonderful day.

We used a group taxi to then from the resort.

At the cruise port, as you exit security, on the right will be taxi dispatchers in orange vests.

Tell them you want to go to Carambola.

They'll put you in a group van ( 10 people) $7 USD (not 4$) pp each way.(shouldn't charge for your children)

When returning, go outside Carambola's front door, there will be taxies looking to assemble a group to return to the cruise port.

Contact e-mail for Carambola: dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com

Daislyn Sharpe

Director

Carambola Beach Club

South Friar's Bay

St. Kitts

(869)465-9090 http://www.carambolabeachclub.com/Facebook.com/carambolabeachclub

Whatever you chose to do in St.Lucia, please enjoy.

We were at Carambola last Friday, January 13 and absolutely loved it. My husband, my adult daughter, 9 year old granddaughter and I. It's a bit pricey for the beach chairs and umbrellas, but if you want, you can just put a towel on the sand. NOTE to Carambola Beach Club: It would be GREAT if you could make the towel people go a little ways down the beach, instead of just dropping their stuff right in front of the lounge chairs! We arrived early in the day so we had front row lounge chairs. The only thing I would recommend with young children is to bring snacks. We had lunch their and the food was really good, but a little pricey. We got a cab for the 4 of us, just us 4, so we didn't have to wait for other people. The driver's name is Nigel and he was awesome. We stopped at the top of the hill to take pictures. He asked us what time we wanted to go back to ship. We told him 1, but if we had known how beautiful and relaxing it was there we would have given him a later time. But it was ok, it gave us time to shop before we got back on ship. All in all, one of our best days and one of my favorite beaches.

A side note: we walked down to the Shipwreck, but it was about 11:45 and they don't serve lunch until noon and since we had an early pick up time we went back for lunch at Carambola. Shipwreck seemed to be much more of a bar than a restaurant and since we don't drink, unless I was going to be on the beach until 3 or so, I don't think I'd walk down there again.

And a further note: The people on St. Kitts are very friendly and accommodating. After we got settled on the beach a woman asked if anyone wanted their hair braided or a massage. We had been wanting to get my granddaughters hair done all week and this seemed to be the day. Her name is Laverne and she quoted me a very reasonable price and did a beautiful job. When she was done with my granddaughter's hair I saw her giving quite a few massages.

We were at Carambola last Friday, January 13 and absolutely loved it. My husband, my adult daughter, 9 year old granddaughter and I. It's a bit pricey for the beach chairs and umbrellas, but if you want, you can just put a towel on the sand. NOTE to Carambola Beach Club: It would be GREAT if you could make the towel people go a little ways down the beach, instead of just dropping their stuff right in front of the lounge chairs! We arrived early in the day so we had front row lounge chairs. The only thing I would recommend with young children is to bring snacks. We had lunch their and the food was really good, but a little pricey. We got a cab for the 4 of us, just us 4, so we didn't have to wait for other people. The driver's name is Nigel and he was awesome. We stopped at the top of the hill to take pictures. He asked us what time we wanted to go back to ship. We told him 1, but if we had known how beautiful and relaxing it was there we would have given him a later time. But it was ok, it gave us time to shop before we got back on ship. All in all, one of our best days and one of my favorite beaches.

A side note: we walked down to the Shipwreck, but it was about 11:45 and they don't serve lunch until noon and since we had an early pick up time we went back for lunch at Carambola. Shipwreck seemed to be much more of a bar than a restaurant and since we don't drink, unless I was going to be on the beach until 3 or so, I don't think I'd walk down there again.

And a further note: The people on St. Kitts are very friendly and accommodating. After we got settled on the beach a woman asked if anyone wanted their hair braided or a massage. We had been wanting to get my granddaughters hair done all week and this seemed to be the day. Her name is Laverne and she quoted me a very reasonable price and did a beautiful job. When she was done with my granddaughter's hair I saw her giving quite a few massages.

Did she look like she knew what she was doing for the massage? I always wonder about this when I read about locals giving massages on the beach. Did she have the whole setup? Like a massage table, equipment, etc? Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Carambola are now letting "Towles" in without paying for use if the facilities? :eek:

Next, the Cruise Herds will create a mass infestation.

Ho hum - Off to the next place,