coconut beach club

staruser

Thought I would post this for fellow cruisers, I was at Coconut Beach last week. We were on the Emerald Princess. Arrived in Antigua, negotiated a taxi rate of $24.00 one way for six people in the same van. It took about ten minutes to get to Coconut Beach. When we arrived there were not enough lounge chairs on the beach for all of us. The people who were staying at the resort for several days had already reserved them all. So we spoke with the manager and she brought more loungers out for us. The beach is beautiful, no rocks on the bottom, smooth sandy bottom. Water was warm and refreshing. The beach is in a private cove so no one is walking by that is not a customer of Coconut Beach. There is an infinity pool next to the bar. The lunch was delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Saw many people getting up for seconds. The staff were very friendly. Restrooms were CLEAN! It was a wonderful day. The bar did not have a lot of different types of liquor, just the basics. Beer and rum punch were plentiful. There are no waiters that bring drinks directly to your chair (as at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel), you have to get up and walk to the bar. The cruise port is just around the corner from the beach so you can see other cruise ships coming and going by the beach. The Coconut Beach Resort was high on my list of favorite stops on this cruise, second only to Barbados. For $45.00 you can't go wrong !

Yes! See the review I just posted! We loved Coconut Beach and wish we could have stayed longer. It was a beautiful, relaxing, quiet day. Beach was great, food delicious, no one walking the beach asking for hair braids or massages. Definitely worth the $45 !!

Thanks for the review. We are thinking of going there this year. We went to Nachi Cocum last year and had a great time.

One question, is the beer tap or bottled? I thought I read somewhere about lack of beer, but I am not sure if it is Coconut.

Thanks again, your review has probably swayed us to go there this summer.:D

Yes! See the review I just posted! We loved Coconut Beach and wish we could have stayed longer. It was a beautiful, relaxing, quiet day. Beach was great, food delicious, no one walking the beach asking for hair braids or massages. Definitely worth the $45 !!

Do you have to make advance reservations to get a lounge, umbrella?

I checked with my husband and he said the only beer available was PITON. It was on tap. It is manufactured in St. Lucia. He said everyone in our group liked it.

We emailed the resort ahead of time and reserved a spot. It is not a big place and certainly not a 5 star resort (no beach toys, etc) but it was a very relaxing day, the place is clean and the staff were friendly. For the person who asked about umbrellas....there were no umbrellas per se......they did have a few of those palm tree branch palapas (?) to sit under but there were not many of them.

Thought I would post this for fellow cruisers, I was at Coconut Beach last week. We were on the Emerald Princess. Arrived in Antigua, negotiated a taxi rate of $24.00 one way for six people in the same van. It took about ten minutes to get to Coconut Beach. When we arrived there were not enough lounge chairs on the beach for all of us. The people who were staying at the resort for several days had already reserved them all. So we spoke with the manager and she brought more loungers out for us. The beach is beautiful, no rocks on the bottom, smooth sandy bottom. Water was warm and refreshing. The beach is in a private cove so no one is walking by that is not a customer of Coconut Beach. There is an infinity pool next to the bar. The lunch was delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Saw many people getting up for seconds. The staff were very friendly. Restrooms were CLEAN! It was a wonderful day. The bar did not have a lot of different types of liquor, just the basics. Beer and rum punch were plentiful. There are no waiters that bring drinks directly to your chair (as at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel), you have to get up and walk to the bar. The cruise port is just around the corner from the beach so you can see other cruise ships coming and going by the beach. The Coconut Beach Resort was high on my list of favorite stops on this cruise, second only to Barbados. For $45.00 you can't go wrong !

We are sailing on the Emerald in April...so excited!

Have you posted on the other port threads for each of the stops? I'd love to hear what you did at each one.:)

our experience at Coconut Beach in early February sounds very similar to the posters, as we all had a great day. The beach is particularly lovely and nice for walking, and we enjoyed the resort, the lunch and the drinks. It is a very pleasant place and not more than 10-15 minute cab ride from the ship dock, so we had time for souvenir shopping at the end of the day.

They also have free wifi so bring your IPADS and phones;)

Do they have drinks besides rum punch?? Pina Coladas?

Margaritas? Rum and diet coke?? thanks

We just got back from our cruise and we went to the Coconut Beach club and enjoyed our day there. Yes, you have have Pina Coladas!

I am going to go through my photos that I took that day and post some on this thread.

Arlene

This is exactly what we are looking for could you please share the information with me on how you found the email address to reserve chairs and food reservation for a cruise day? Thank you so much

This is exactly what we are looking for could you please share the information with me on how you found the email address to reserve chairs and food reservation for a cruise day? Thank you so much

The e-mail address for Delvanice Williams to make your day pass reservation is: reservations@coconutbeachclub.com

Just give her the date you are arriving and how many. I don't think this will reserve you a chair, just gives her a idea on how many people to expect for the day. She will email you back and tell you to arrive after 10:00. We got there at 10:00 and had our choice of where we wanted to lounge for the day. The beach was not crowed at all for the entire day.

Arlene

Do you work for Frito? That is where my husband works.

I did for 20 plus years as route driver , had an up and down the street route , had to retire in 09 due to cancer . But all is good . I am still on the right side of the grass. :):)

I did for 20 plus years as route driver , had an up and down the street route , had to retire in 09 due to cancer . But all is good . I am still on the right side of the grass. :):)

So glad you are doing well and crusing. My husband works at Killingly CT driving a big truck.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos parrotplay. We are thinking of going here next Christmas when we are in port. Can you tell me what kinds of food they offered for lunch, any photos????

The food choices change daily, but below is what was served on our day there.

Hamburgers, I think Hot dogs, French Fries, Seafood Linguini, Soup, Fruit Salad, Salad, deserts. I am sure there was a couple other choices, like pototao salad and macaroni salad but I don't remember. My husband had a hamburger and I had the linguini. Our meals were very good. Sorry, I did not take any photos of the buffet.

The food choices change daily, but below is what was served on our day there.

Hamburgers, I think Hot dogs, French Fries, Seafood Linguini, Soup, Fruit Salad, Salad, deserts. I am sure there was a couple other choices, like pototao salad and macaroni salad but I don't remember. My husband had a hamburger and I had the linguini. Our meals were very good. Sorry, I did not take any photos of the buffet.

Thanks for sharing!!!