suggested attire for evenings

CanmoreCruising

I am trying to pack lightly for our cruise to Tahiti. What clothing is suggested for evenings on board Paul Gauguin

Ia Orana CanmoreCruising,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Country Club Casual, or elegant resort wear, is appropriate dress for all evenings aboard The Gauguin. Country Club Casual consists of a dress, or skirt or slacks with a blouse or sweater for ladies, and slacks and collared shirts for gentleman. No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may opt to wear a jacket to the Captain’s Welcome Reception. Please note that casual wear such as shorts, t-shirts, casual jeans (frayed and/or with holes), baseball caps, flip-flops, and Crocs are not considered appropriate after 6:00 p.m. in all restaurants and lounges. Bathrobes and bathing suits are not appropriate in the ship’s restaurants and lounges, and shirts and shoes are required in all public areas at all times.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the many many reasons why I prefer the PG above all others is the dress code. For me, it is perfect!

Our most recent trip, the 10-day "repeaters" cruise to the Society islands and the Tuamotos, also included a few days pre-cruise on Moorea. So we were traveling for about 2 weeks. We both had only carry-on baggage: a roll-a-board and small case each. For me: no sports jacket, no tie, certainly no suit.

There are people who like the formal experience, and the PG and other passengers will accommodate those folks gracefully. But most passengers are more casual in their dress.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

When I googled "tommy Bahama" type shirts, that came up T-shirts. Are collared Hawaiian shirts ok after 6pm and for dinner? TY

Yes. Cuban shirts are great as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It's been 10 years since we cruised PG, and I seem to remember that evenings were a little dressier, at least for women. I know DH wore slacks and TB type shirts, but I think most women were in cocktail dresses, or dressier slacks. I don't remember capris, but maybe they weren't popular back then? If an outfit is acceptable for a business casual workday, would it be ok on the PG? Thanks for the help!

When we were on there were a couple women in cocktail dresses, but the vast majority were in slacks or a skirt and top or casual dress. Many wore capris. It was casual but elegant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the clientele has changed slightly very the years.

I remember that on Tahitian night everyone decked out in their pearls. Now a lot of the guests don't buy the full strands or very expensive pearls.

This also translates to a more casual approach to life and living.

Hummmmm .....

I would agree that overall people have become more casual. Just look at Mark Zuckerberg, a billionaire many times over but loves pocket pull over shirts.

Many just don't flaunt it but have it. I remember when I worked in Palm Springs. Typically the nicest, most personable clients were very well off but you would never know it from the way they dressed.