Tieks

abbykate

Frivolous question for Tieks lovers: What color do I start with? I love brights; the only neutral I would consider is leopard. (Is leopard neutral?) Others in contention: Yellow, bright blue, green... We are cruising to the Western Med in March and I am determined to bring some SPRING to my travel wardrobe.

Are you all paying full price for these shoes?:eek:

I'm with you! I'd love to try them but not at that price!!! The way I shop (discount stores like TJs, Marshalls, or Ross 4 Less...I could get 4 pair of designer shoes for the price of one pair of these!:eek:

However, if you can afford them. Good for you! Wish I could...LOL! If anyone knows where you can buy them at a cheaper price...please do share where! I've been dying to try a pair.

Edited by mousey

Are you all paying full price for these shoes?:eek:

My understanding from reading gobs of reviews as well as talking to friends who have these is that Tieks are extremely comfortable, extremely durable, 'wear all the time' shoes. I wear ballet flats every day, and it is hard to come by a truly comfortable version. I too, am very cost conscious, but at $195 that's about .50 a day, which, to me, is doable for comfort and quality. These are a splurge for me, but I was fortunate to get some Christmas money, so I am finally considering a pair.

Yep, I sure am! They're worth every single penny. I've been wearing my matte black every day for over a year now and they're just as comfortable as the day I put them on. When I wore cheaper flats I had to replace them every couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried on the Tieks, but I found the Zero Grand ballet flats from Cole Haan were much more comfortable (and a bit more supportive).

HOWEVER, I can't wear something like that for all day walking. I reserve them for things like casual evenings. Sucks having bad feet. :cool:

I tried on the Tieks, but I found the Zero Grand ballet flats from Cole Haan were much more comfortable (and a bit more supportive).

HOWEVER, I can't wear something like that for all day walking. I reserve them for things like casual evenings. Sucks having bad feet. :cool:

I pay $160 for my Dansko Pros for wearing at work. Actually $320, since I have a black pair and a whiskey colored pair. Wear them 9-10 hours a day/ 5-6 days a week. Worth the price when I look at that. But, to pay that much for a pair of casual shoes that I'd wear maybe 10 days/year, absolutely NOT. I'll stick with my Jambus for my "going out" flats...

I've been wearing Tieks daily for about three years now and (obviously) I love them! I have weak ankles and I've had surgery for plantar fasciitis in both feet and these shoes are great. I am a high school teacher so I'm on my feet all day long and they're always comfortable and give me the support I need. As far as color, I have the leopard print and they're fun to wear. I also have the mustard yellow and they're way more neutral than I expected when I bought them, but also bright and fun. Bronze is a slightly fancy near-flesh toned neutral that goes with everything. I know they are expensive, but as far as I'm concerned it's money well spent.