Upgrade to premium drink pkg

elapel01

We have done this on our last two cruises on Celebrity, and plan to do it on the next one. We wait to try out the included wines before deciding if they will be "good enough" for most of the cruise, and then we upgrade either earlier or later in the cruise based on that. Usually there is only one choice of wine (I mean one winery for each wine type) in the included package, and I've liked some better than others. Note that some bars may supply a different brand for their house wine than others, so it takes us a day or two to sort that out. Then we save the martini bar visits for the days after we upgrade.

But ask at the front desk when you get on board what the deadline is. We were on a sailing (I think it was a 12 day cruise) where they told us it had to be 5 days before the end.

I have a question on this topic if you don't mind. Does anyone know if the bartender we ask to do the upgrade gets that gratuity on the upgrade? It is substantial if it's a lot of days. Or if they get some other perk? The reason I ask is because they always seem very happy to do it, and we are thinking that on our next cruise we should think about which bartender to "reward" if that's the case.

Edited by SandG

I have a question on this topic if you don't mind. Does anyone know if the bartender we ask to do the upgrade gets that gratuity on the upgrade? It is substantial if it's a lot of days. Or if they get some other perk? The reason I ask is because they always seem very happy to do it, and we are thinking that on our next cruise we should think about which bartender to "reward" if that's the case.

I flat asked my favorite bar waiter last year. The person who does the upgrade does get a financial incentive.

I flat asked my favorite bar waiter last year. The person who does the upgrade does get a financial incentive.

Thank you for the confirmation on that. Last time we asked some random bartender and he was really pleased which surprised us a little. So after thinking that could be the reason, we wished that we had asked our favorite bartender to do the upgrade instead. Yet another good reason to wait a couple of days to do the upgrade. :)

Edited by SandG

Thanks!!! We will wait to check out the wine and see what drinks we get and then probably upgrade around day 3 or 4. Cheers!

In our experiences you will fine the wine options on the Classic lacking, my wife did, and is no way even close to a wine snob. :rolleyes:

The cab she found last cruise was $13 a glass, so the upgrade was a no brainer :D

May 8th 2016 Aqua 1 Summit to Bermuda, only $70 total for two!!!

We never had the Premium Package before, we were in heaven. We dad a 17 Night Panama Canal Aqua 1 on Infinity Sept 2015 with the Classic Package, I wish we ordered it then.

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

CaptDave