MDR Wine List?

Wefewee

We're on the 2/18 Reflection and very conflicted for the possibility of a wine package. The Celebrity website (if it ever works) stinks for appropriate information.

I am hoping that someone....

A) Currently on board

B) Very recently on board or

C) About to board

...would be kind to post a picture of the MDR Wine List.

I would be VERY thankful!

I found the extensive Opus MDR wine list in seadog67's post "Live from the Reflection 11-5 to 11-12-2016". It is in post# 473 to 475. I learned so much from his information. If you're on the Western Caribbean itinerary, it would be beneficial to read the whole thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for this - the information is outstanding!

My Bride has an allergy to oak and the special package has only one Riesling (and no un-oaked reds).

The MDR lists shown have many Rieslings and lots of Rhones and Beajoulais'.

It will be a bit more expensive than the package but at least we have the variety to choose from!

Thanks again!

Oh and, we're on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

Edited by Wefewee
Didn't post 'reply' properly

We're on the 2/18 Reflection and very conflicted for the possibility of a wine package. The Celebrity website (if it ever works) stinks for appropriate information.

I am hoping that someone....

A) Currently on board

B) Very recently on board or

C) About to board

...would be kind to post a picture of the MDR Wine List.

I would be VERY thankful!

The cruise review referred to above … what an excellent job by Seadog67. His photo of the MDR wines list by the glass makes it look like the Castle Rock pinot is the only red wine within the price range of the classic package, $9 or less. The problem is that the list does not get reprinted often enough to show what’s actually available, as other cruisers have said. So the sales promo sheet for the wine packages has a more current list (photo of prem below), but even this is lacking several choices. Two weeks ago on the Reflection there were 2 new cabs not on any list: Sundance cab and Anakena cab both from Chile. Clos LaChance merlot was sold out, but they still had the Callia shiraz and the Excelsior cab. We found the best place to actually see what’s generally available on the ship is at the buffet bar, enter on the right side of the buffet, bar on the left, and they have many of the wines sitting on the left end of the bar counter, about a dozen “operating” bottles, incl a premium or 2, that you can pick up and inspect, and giving you an idea of what the MDR sommelier is going to offer you. Did you want to see the Classic list too?

Reflection%20premium%20wine%20pkg_zps7u7p4gzc.jpg

We also have pics of the wines by the glass in the specialty restaurants, but again they aren’t complete. The Qsine wine list actually shows nothing available at all in the Classic range of $9 or less, cheapest one is $10, but when you show them your Classic plan they will get you something, they got us the Anakena cab. The Tuscan list is better, and they have one of their own Classic-level house wines not available elsewhere, Poggio al Tufo.

Edited by Bob7