August 4th Weigh-in

winewanderer

Hello,

Not sure where Belle is.

I stayed the same......again. I am proud that I am 15 lbs. lighter than 2 years ago.

Have been seeing "end of summer signs." Our community is having our end of summer BBQ on August 13th, no, no, I am enjoying summer. Oh well, where we are it will be hot/warm through November.

Wishing everyone well.

Diana

I've been waiting for Belle as well.

Diana, sometimes staying the same is a big achievement since there's temptation all around.

I weighed in at 192.5 this morning, 1.5 pounds less than last Thursday and my lowest weight yet. 33.5 pounds down. To celebrate I had a big pizza for lunch.:) Hopefully I'll have the will power to lose some more weight by next Thursday. I'd love to be under 190 by the end of the month.

Diana, good job maintaining your weight loss from two years ago. That can be an accomplishment in itself! We can all attest to that.

Nice losses for the others so far. Always encouraging to see others' success. I, too, lost this week. Somehow I was down 2 whole pounds. Weird when it seems I didn't do anything different than other weeks that I can drop that much. I'll take it though.

Good luck to everyone in the coming week!

Michelle

Hi, I forgot to post yesterday. I am down 1.4 lbs.

Congrats to the losers. Diana, staying the same is good. It's great that you are 15 lbs. lighter than two years ago.

I hope that all is well with Belle.

Rose

Would Y'all mind if I join in on your weight loss journey? My name is Laurie and I live just outside of Paduah, KY. I lost 22 pounds earlier this year, dieting and exercising. I did I guess what you would call a low carb diet but it was my own made up plan. I also started running and doing boot camp. Took a few months off and 7 pounds crept back on so I am back on the weight loss wagon. I have lost 6 pounds this week so that tells me it was mostly water from all the salty foods I was eating.

One snack I discovered this week that has helped me with my sweet cravings is vanilla greek yogurt with a teaspoon of natural peanut butter and a bit of honey. Mix it all up and it is yummy! I am not a big fan of greek yogurt normally but this is good. It gives you the extra protein you need and satisfies.

Any other tips out there for healthy snacking?

Hi Laurie.

If you can control quantity, a handful of nuts, or nuts mixed with raisins, twice a day is a tasty, healthy snack.

The problem (as with all foods) is resisting the temptation to eat more than a handful, or to have a handful, and then another an hour later, and so on.

Quantity, portion size, is the thing that I have the most trouble with.

Hi all!

Welcome Laurie & congrats to the losers.:D

I stayed the same this week so better than gaining. I'm just down 6 lbs since April & around the same weight as 5 years ago.

I like the title on another thread that starts with I Lost 50 Pounds.... the same 10 lbs 5 times. ;)That's about the size of it!!

Have a good week.

~ Jo ~ :)