I lost 50 pounds!

Strophic

...sadly it was the same 10 pounds five times.

I am a 5'7 female, started at just over 200lbs two years ago. Over the summer I got down to 165 purely through controlling my diet, no cruise on the radar just trying to get healthier. Sadly, I fell off the wagon. Then I got back on it. Then I fell off it again. And so on and so forth. I've been yo-yoing ever since, re-losing and re-gaining in increments of 5-15lbs, but recently climbed back up to 190lbs through a steady diet of fast food and apathy—the worst weight I've been since I started losing.

I am not going to talk about the progress I have made since booking the cruise, since it is still very early and I know I am prone to that "pre-reward" feeling from bragging about something I haven't accomplished yet. This time around, I'm gonna try to do it as quietly as possible, but I like seeing that there is a community of people who are working towards the similar goal. I will say that having a set goal date has helped my motivation a hundred fold.

The cruise is 4 months away and I hope to get down to at 160 by then, just under 10lbs per month. It's a tough goal, but I know it's doable. I've done it before and I can do it again...and hopefully keep it off this time!

Funny, the same 10 pounds over and over again.:)

Seriously, I wish you good luck. I've had some success with Nutrisystem because it forces me to eat a small amount every meal (though the same could be accomplished with low-cal TV dinners, though I think Nutrisystem food tastes better). For me portion size is the key thing.

Yeah, portion size is huge for me too, as well as intermittent snacking between meals. I don't want to do Nutrisystem or Weight Watchers or anything since I feel like that would lead to a higher chance of a relapse for me at the end. You know, I'd think "ok, I'm done!" and then once the system that was keeping me honest is taken away I'd go right back to my old ways. I still eat what I used to, but I use MyFitnessPal to track the calories. That way when I lose the weight, I can just set a higher daily calorie goal and it won't be a big change in lifestyle between losing and maintaining.

I also have PCOS, which is associated with weight gain due to increased appetite. My medication does help, but in the end it's me who chooses whether or not to overeat—PCOS or not—and I know I can't blame my weight on something like that just to try and make myself feel better. Taking responsibility is one of my weak spots.

...sadly it was the same 10 pounds five times.

I am a 5'7 female, started at just over 200lbs two years ago. Over the summer I got down to 165 purely through controlling my diet, no cruise on the radar just trying to get healthier. Sadly, I fell off the wagon. Then I got back on it. Then I fell off it again. And so on and so forth. I've been yo-yoing ever since, re-losing and re-gaining in increments of 5-15lbs, but recently climbed back up to 190lbs through a steady diet of fast food and apathy—the worst weight I've been since I started losing.

I am not going to talk about the progress I have made since booking the cruise, since it is still very early and I know I am prone to that "pre-reward" feeling from bragging about something I haven't accomplished yet. This time around, I'm gonna try to do it as quietly as possible, but I like seeing that there is a community of people who are working towards the similar goal. I will say that having a set goal date has helped my motivation a hundred fold.

The cruise is 4 months away and I hope to get down to at 160 by then, just under 10lbs per month. It's a tough goal, but I know it's doable. I've done it before and I can do it again...and hopefully keep it off this time!

I laughed when I read you post. It's so hard to lose weight....especially as you get older! We sound like twins. Had a hysterectomy in March and I topped out right around where you are. 165 is my "realistic" goal as well. I've been in the low 180's for the past 5 years or so, so it will be really hard to get passed that peak!

Funny, the same 10 pounds over and over again.:)

Seriously, I wish you good luck. I've had some success with Nutrisystem because it forces me to eat a small amount every meal (though the same could be accomplished with low-cal TV dinners, though I think Nutrisystem food tastes better). For me portion size is the key thing.

I've always had no problem tracking food and moderately walking/going to the gym but never had any luck. Finally decided to try nutrisystem for 3 months since my cruise is Oct 20th! Yes, it's expensive as hell but I figured even though I track my food, I must not be doing something right b/c I am not losing the weight even though I am under my calorie goal. I started on Friday 8/5 and I have already lost almost 7 lbs! I know it's mostly water weight and it will quickly slow down...and I'm starving....but it just shows how much we all over-eat. I just hope I can keep losing something every week! Have you had much success with it?

I've always had no problem tracking food and moderately walking/going to the gym but never had any luck. Finally decided to try nutrisystem for 3 months since my cruise is Oct 20th! Yes, it's expensive as hell but I figured even though I track my food, I must not be doing something right b/c I am not losing the weight even though I am under my calorie goal. I started on Friday 8/5 and I have already lost almost 7 lbs! I know it's mostly water weight and it will quickly slow down...and I'm starving....but it just shows how much we all over-eat. I just hope I can keep losing something every week! Have you had much success with it?

I've lost 34 pounds since February 9. I started at 226 and I'm down to 192. I'd like to lose 12 more. I find the food to be good overall. My favorite items are the french toast and sausage/egg biscuit for breakfast, the chicken sandwich for lunch and the marguerita pizza for dinner. I like most of the snacks.

I've lost 34 pounds since February 9. I started at 226 and I'm down to 192. I'd like to lose 12 more. I find the food to be good overall. My favorite items are the french toast and sausage/egg biscuit for breakfast, the chicken sandwich for lunch and the marguerita pizza for dinner. I like most of the snacks.

Congratulations! I'm still in my first week and have the Turbo 10 shakes so I'm stuck eating whatever was in the box. Get to start with "my" meals on Friday and you can bet that turkey sausage and egg mcmuffin is gonna be my first breakfast! Lol