San Diego Port to Airport

UBinfwa

I need some guidance..........

We are on the Oosterdam in mid February [Valentine Week] and am wondering if we could make a 9:50 am Southwest flight back to Chicago on a Saturday after docking ??

We have never sailed in/out of San Diego

Thanks for your assistance.

UB

As long as the ship docks on time and you can get off by 8:30 at the latest. The San Diego airport is only a couple of miles from the port, it almost looks like you could easily walk there!

Check on the HAL board to ask if the line does self-disembarkation or passes out early disembark tickets.

I would not plan on a flight that early. You are unlikely to be off the ship that early, even with the first group, as Customs can be slow in San Diego as can luggage pick up. We have been off about 1000 most times we have sailed into San Diego on HAL. In addition, it is not unusual for it to take 30 or more minutes to get through TSA security in San Diego, and of course you need to be at the airport know later than 1 hour ahead...for many airlines if you are not at the gate 30 minutes ahead you can loose your seat.

I would try to push that time back...or better yet, plan to spend a couple of days in San Diego!

i would make the flight after 12noon,,

what if you get back to port late. or customs is slow etc etc..

i wouldnt chance it like that..

try to change it if you can,

or stay the night in san diego so you dont have to worry about it , its a beautiful city..and fly out the next day

Melissa

If you're really stuck on that time, call Southwest and ask them what availability looks like that day. The REALLY nice thing about using Southwest is that if you need to change your flight dates/times/passengers there's NO fee to change!

There might be a difference in fare though, so price out your different options.

As said, I personally wouldn't go anything earlier then 11 if you're not the adventurous type! Who wants to stress about getting through security on time after a really wonderful vacation?!

Of course, I'm from San Diego, and I'll do *anything* to spend a few extra hours there! Good luck!

=)

T

Tovin my DH & I are only 2 1/2 hrs from San Diego and will be coming in day before our Cruise next yr, Oct 2008. We are staying at the HI Bayside with some of our Roll Call Group. Wish we could arrive early enough to walk around, but it depends on when we can check in. Will know when we call Hotel in Nov for our group.

Archived