New Orleans Cruise and Park options.

newlights

When going on previous cruises the wife and I have always been able to find a hotel that would allow us to stay the night before and park all week as well as transfer us to and from the hotel. This has worked very well but I am having some difficulty finding a hotel in New Orleans that offers all of those things. I have found hotels that will let us park but does not provide transfer, or have any arrangements with any companies that do so. This is getting frustrating for me. How do you all handle New Orleans? Does anyone know of a hotel that does all of these things?

We are staying at Wyndham in New Orleans and parking there for the week.

You are correct...they do not have a shuttle but I've already checked and I can get an Uber for $8.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I worry about uber hiking the price as the ship arrive and just before. They did this to us going to a garth brroks concert. On the way it i. Was only lime 14 dollars so we got an uber. But out to our hotel it was bumped to 45 because there were not enoigh drivers on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem I don't want to drive and park at port. I wanted to do a park and cruise and take a shuttle but it doesn't look like it's an option. I'm seriously considering renting a car and driving it down to drop off taking a taxi to the hotel, maybe doing the one you can just walk to port from or taking a taxi from the hotel to port. Not sure I trust Uber either. I did see taxis were $8pp from the super dome hotel to port so taxi prices from the hotels aren't that bad, we'd probably need 2 since there are 4 of us and luggage. Don't think uber would be any cheaper and less reliable.

Edited by poobears

We just got back from our cruise out of NO.

Wyndham was wonderful. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and close enough to walk to bourbon street and other attractions.

We paid $9.60 for our Uber.

They picked us up in 4 minutes after I called them. The driver and the hotel staff helped us with our luggage.

That's total for 2 people.

It was well worth it knowing our car was safe.

When we got back today we grabbed a taxi from the port back to Wyndham because they were already there waiting. It cost us $19.60 plus tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dh wants me to drive to port instead of leaving the car at a hotel, he thinks it will be safer at port, so I guess I'll just find a hotel to stay at and not worry about park and cruise.

Being Halloween though they are booking up pretty fast and prices are insane. I found the Hampton that is right across the street from the port and thought about it. Figured then I'd only have to drive across the street on cruise day but it's booked solid for most of Oct.

We've stayed at the Riverside one before, I guess it's the one you can walk to port from, we didn't know it when we stayed there. We drove to port from it, only took a couple of minutes and I remember watching the ship come into dock from the window, that was nice. It has rooms open but at almost $400 a room I think I'll keep looking LOL

I'll have to check Wyndham to see where it's located.

Edited by poobears

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising on the Dream on Oct. 23, and have booked a room at the Federal Inn & Suites. It's only 5 miles from the Port of New Orleans, and got good reviews from everything I read. We also only paid $88 for the night. Everything else we looked at was upwards of $250-$400 for this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up parking at the Fulton Place Garage. I booked online before heading to New Orleans. Had my husband drop myself and our kids at the cruise terminal with the luggage and then he went and parked. Just had to show his receipt in the email and was able to find a spot easily. The shuttle was quick, he said it was less than 5 minutes until he was on the way back to meet us.

http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_new_orleans_parking_rooftop_msz

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing b2b on NCL November 11-20 and November 20-27.I booked through parksleephotels.com at Days Inn in Gretna which is quite near the port. Price included room for one night, breakfast, transfer to and from the port and parking for 17 nights. Total including taxes and $30 extra for three nights parking more than the 14 nights included was $228. Not real upscale but reviews were mostly decent. Beats paying $100 plus for a room and $20 a day parking at the port plus taxes which would be close to $350. Hope it works out for us. We used park and cruise in Miami in May and it was terrific.