Halifax Hop on Hop Off tour

Here is the reply from the Halifax HOHO bus people:

Thank you for contacting Ambassatours Gray Line. We are only offering our Hop-on Hop-off tour through our Cruise Department for cruise ship passengers, so the tour would only be running on days that cruise ships are in Halifax . Last season, customers were able to purchase tickets for the tour on days that ships were in Halifax . They could buy them at our kiosk located on the waterfront. I not positive, but I would assume this would be the case for this year as well.

I hope this answers your questions, should you have any further questions, please let us know. You can reach us at 1-800-565-7173 or email us at reservations@ambassatours.com

Kind regards,

Debra Saulnier

Reservations Department

Ambassatours Gray Line, by Atlantic Tours

"The company with the kilts!"

2631 King Street

Halifax, NS B3K 4T7 Canada

902-423-6242

1-800-565-7173 "press 1 for reservations"

http://www.ambassatours.com

Don't bother with the hop on hop off. There is a free bus that is operated by the City of Halifax and has nothing to do with the tour company's . You get off a walkable distance to EVERYTHING but if you don't like to stroll- just hop on one of our local buses.

There is so much to see and do in a very confined area. Hope this helps.

Free bus, city of Halifax?? Does it run all year or just during tourist season?

Thank you.

We have a local bus for a small fare - but in the summer months and I think into the early fall there is a bus called "FRED" that is free.

We have a local bus for a small fare - but in the summer months and I think into the early fall there is a bus called "FRED" that is free.

Thank you! I'll be in Halifax too early for tourist activities. I will use the public bus when I have further to go than I can walk. I love walking.

I adore Halifax and am thrilled to have a work related trip so I can return. Does wonders for my budget as my hotel and flights are paid for.

Thank you! I'll be in Halifax too early for tourist activities. I will use the public bus when I have further to go than I can walk. I love walking.

I adore Halifax and am thrilled to have a work related trip so I can return. Does wonders for my budget as my hotel and flights are paid for.

Right on. Don't forget to hit 'The Old Triangle" for a great Celtic Pub. Enjoy!!:D

Don't bother with the hop on hop off. There is a free bus that is operated by the City of Halifax and has nothing to do with the tour company's . You get off a walkable distance to EVERYTHING but if you don't like to stroll- just hop on one of our local buses.

There is so much to see and do in a very confined area. Hope this helps.

Looks like we will be on the Carnival Freedom with you next February 22nd. Have you sailed the Freedom before? My DH and I were on it's second sailing last May in the Mediterranean. We enjoyed the ship.

So glad you dropped in . Hope you come on over to the new roll call for this trip . No we haven't been on the Freedom yet. WE were on the Liberty in November and we loved her. Are they about the same size etc.?

Did the Freedom have a Piano Bar and Karaoke Bar [ not that we were on stage]. We had so much fun in those two bars. Just great big sing alongs!

So glad you dropped in . Hope you come on over to the new roll call for this trip . No we haven't been on the Freedom yet. WE were on the Liberty in November and we loved her. Are they about the same size etc.?

Did the Freedom have a Piano Bar and Karaoke Bar [ not that we were on stage]. We had so much fun in those two bars. Just great big sing alongs!

Yes, the Freedom had the sing-along piano bar as well as karaoke. The piano bar was buzzing every night after dinner. We liked the ship and our staff very much. The beds were very comfortable and the food was mostly very good. I just cruised with NCL in January, and I will never cruise with them again. I'm looking forward to cruising with RCL next month for the first time.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. What was so wrong with it if you don't mind me asking?

After cruising with Carnival and Princess in the past, we decided to try NCL for the "Freestyle cruising". We brought along other family members with us on that cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Before we ever left the dock, my daughter's jewelry and Nintendo were stolen out of her luggage before it even reached her cabin. Lesson learned on her first cruise. However, NCL would do nothing. Secondly, the ship was infected with the Norvirus from Day 2. Hundreds of people were sick and the constant sanitizing and PA announcements became annoying after 6 more days. The food was horrible and the service was extremely slow in every restaurant. Enough said -- never again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived