Galveston Hotels?

nsullivan

Yes, there are several. You can just go to a hotel booking website and they will include it in the hotel's amenities. But many offer free cruise duration parking and a shuttle service to the port type of package. There are also a couple that charge a fee for the service...

There a lot more info on this is the departure port forum, but we gave up on the shuttle things several Galveston cruises ago. The packages that include parking are only marginally cheaper than parking at the pier and the shuttle often makes multiple stops, you have to tip the shuttle driver, and it takes a lot longer to get out on debark day. Much better to drop bags at pier an park and walk. Also, Galveston hotels tend to be pricer than similar hotels on the other side if the bridge. If your not looking to spend time at Galveston the day before, you can save enough to pay for parking by getting a hotel 40 mins from the pier.

Thanks, didn't realize there were port forums. New here.

We want to stay in Galveston. We are in Houston too often as it is. That wouldn't be a vacation for us.

We love Galveston and stay on the island when we can make the most of the day. But when we do, we know that the cost of parking at the pier vs hotel shuttle are the least of the costs we will incur.

We stayed at the days inn in April and the room was 65.00 with free cruise parking. Then the shuttle was 20.00 for both of us. They will give you a card to call when you get back into port for the shuttle to pick you up. There are two days inn we stayed at the one all the way down by the airport runway. It was on seawall blvd. the rates were cheaper then because it wasn't high season. Now I think the rooms run 140 a night. Just depends on when you are going. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Are there any hotels in Galveston that do free or cheap cruise parking?

Inn At The Waterpark by Schlitterbahn use to include FREE parking with an overnight cruise guest room. Parking at the port is $65 if you book online. :)

Someone posted very recently (not sure it was on here though) that they stayed in the Tremont and paid for parking and were able to park at he Gal-vez hotel for the cruise for free. (They supposedly are sister hotels....)

I'm not sure on that. But I did read that.

The lady at Tremont just responded to me.

The fee to park at the Tremont is per day.

If you would like to park at our sister property the Hotel Galvez there is a one-time fee of $17 plus tax and we will shuttle you back and forth to the cruise terminal

Why would anyone want to park at Tremont then? lol

Ok thanks.

I've been looking at the Tremonte House. Someone told me it was $17 to park for your entire stay but when I emailed the hotel they said $17 a day. WoW!

Tremont hotel is sister to the Galvez Hotel and you can leave your car at the Galvez for $17 for the whole week. We are staying at Harbor House Hotel, also a sister, next to the pier and it will cost $10 a day or move our car to Galvez for one fee of $17 and they will shuttle us to and from for free.

Edited by Bimmie Girl