Carnival Dream Wedding - April 13 2013.

uvakat

We just booked our Carnival Dream wedding for April 13, 2013 on embarkation day. I was wondering if any previous brides had any pictures that they can share. Also if there were any pitfalls or things to avoid. We were just on the Dream for the 2011 Halloween cruise so I have a general idea of the layout of the ship and the common areas, but no real experience of a wedding aboard the ship.

Thanks everyone!

I definately recommend getting the DJ early so you can get the Caliente Disco for your reception. It was a terrific venue. I was able to e-mail our music list to the DJ ahead of time and not worry about bringing CD's because he had almost everything we wanted. The hour and a half reception with appetizers/ drinks was perfect. The food was of good quality and they really presented everything wonderfully. The one pitfall I encountered was just overstressing. TWE was not great to work with before the wedding, but the day of was absolutely perfect. Everyone we worked with on our wedding day was extremely professional and made the day 100 times better than we expected. If you are going to get you hair/ make-up done by a professional, I used Tiffany at Proffesional Elegance. She is a little pricey, but worth every penny. She even came onboard the ship with me (special request) to touch up after I had the dress on. If you are staying in Cocoa Beach the night (s) before, we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites- which was very clean and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our party had the right rooms on the right nights.

Congratulations!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just book our Wedding on the Dream for April 6th 2013. I am also so excited. We are doing the Wedding/Luncheon. Have several guest flying in just for the wedding. We wanted a pastor but they don't supply one. Going to start looking for one.

Congratulations! I was married on the Dream last year! I can't believe I'll be celebrating my 1-year anniversary already!

If you read through my posts I have an indepth of my wedding experience entitled "Carnival Dream Wedding Review 4-30-11"

Here are some pics I have on Kodak Gallery Website:

logon info: heather.capozzi@bnymellon.com

password: wedding

We just booked our Carnival Dream wedding for April 13, 2013 on embarkation day. I was wondering if any previous brides had any pictures that they can share. Also if there were any pitfalls or things to avoid. We were just on the Dream for the 2011 Halloween cruise so I have a general idea of the layout of the ship and the common areas, but no real experience of a wedding aboard the ship.

Thanks everyone!

Please feel free to e mail me at stace120@hotmail.com. I have tons of info that might be helpful. But it is easier tto do the question and answer thing via email. Love cc but sometimes I think the q and a may block up the boards.

Thank you for your pictures! Looks like you had fun!. I will have my wedding on the dream 4/06/13 . I am hoping all goes well. What do you do after boarding and before the wedding? I know I will be getting ready but won't need that much time LOL

We just milled with our guests on the Lido deck (had a drink, etc). Then went to the room to get ready. You don't have as much time as you'd think to kill...it goes FAST! Before we knew it, it was time to start getting ready!

Thanks everybody for your responses. I really appreciate them.

Cruiseonthebrain, I have already booked Tiffany for all of the hair and makeup. SO far she has been awesome to deal with, esp with being at our hotel early enough for three bridesmaids, 2 moms, and me. I have some more questions which I will be emailing to you in the next few days.

Thanks everybody for your responses. I really appreciate them.

Cruiseonthebrain, I have already booked Tiffany for all of the hair and makeup. SO far she has been awesome to deal with, esp with being at our hotel early enough for three bridesmaids, 2 moms, and me. I have some more questions which I will be emailing to you in the next few days.

Feel free to ask away! I was thinking about a few more tips that never occurred to me until a few days ago. The first is that I really loved the cheek and lip colors Tiffany used on me (I loved it all, but there is no way I cuold replicate the airbrushed foundation and eye make up) so I made sure to buy those same product from MAC. I didn't end up needing them to touch up at all (Tiffany was THAT good) but I did like being able to have the same colors afterwards. Also, there is a certain hairspray she recommends for humid environments. I still use that. And last, but not least, I always like waterproof mascaras for cruises- so having make up remover (especially the night of the wedding) was crucial. I'm not sure how long it would have taken my to get everything off with just facial cleanser and water.

I got married on the Dream March 26, 2011. I haven't been to the boards here for a while so sorry for the delay in response. Here is a link to my Dream review. Hope it helps! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1397495

Awesome. Thanks for the review. Do you think I can get access to see your pictures? My email is uvakat@gmail.com

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived