Margarita drinkers -- I need your help! :)

sweet angel

The best true marg...check my signature, that's the best!! You can only drink a couple though or you'll be in trouble.....Garnish it with orange slices- yum!

I second blueagave's recipe. Use a shaker to mix, and the best margaritas are always on the rocks. We had lots of people feeling good at my last birthday party with that recipe. :)

Have fun!

That's the perfect recipe all right!! The only thing I would add would be to use a premium tequila such as Cabo Wabo, Patron or Herraduras. Also if you can get it, real Key Lime Juice such as Nellie and Joe's......MUY BUENO!!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Named by a friend (who had not yet tasted it) - 6 oz. can of frozen limeade, same can filled with tequila, stir till thawed, then stir in a 12 oz. can of beer. Simplel I like to add some triple sec to mine just because I can.:p Over the rocks, put any remaining in the freezer till the next round...

Good tequila fresh lime juice and Cointreau or Grand Marnier. Isn’t the best recipe, it’s the only one. It’s a matter of taste but I like my Margs shaken and served up in a Martini glass. The sad thing is that it is almost impossible to get a good margarita at a resort in Mexico. They almost all serve the same toxic Kool-Aid and alcoholic slurpies :eek: that are served at bad Mexican restaurants in the U.S. Are there any cruise ships that can do better?

• 3 weeks later...

My absolute favorite drink is an Amaretto Margarita, which you basically substitue a shot of amaretto for the grand marnier or cointreau.

You can go into any bar and either tell the bartender to add the shot into the mix, or get a shot on the side. I've had this with both sugar and salt rim--sugar is better but salt gives it an interesting twang.

Good tequila fresh lime juice and Cointreau or Grand Marnier. Isn’t the best recipe, it’s the only one. It’s a matter of taste but I like my Margs shaken and served up in a Martini glass. The sad thing is that it is almost impossible to get a good margarita at a resort in Mexico. They almost all serve the same toxic Kool-Aid and alcoholic slurpies :eek: that are served at bad Mexican restaurants in the U.S. Are there any cruise ships that can do better?

Is it safe to have drinks in Mexico with all that ice?

Becky 10/31/05 Mercury--Mexican Riviera

• 1 month later...
Named by a friend (who had not yet tasted it) - 6 oz. can of frozen limeade, same can filled with tequila, stir till thawed, then stir in a 12 oz. can of beer. Simplel I like to add some triple sec to mine just because I can.:p Over the rocks, put any remaining in the freezer till the next round...

we call this our lake marg....beach and drink back at the house.......we sometime add the trip sec to it for a bang

Archived