Elec. Wheelchair transportation from fll. Airport to hotel and port everglades & back

hohoman

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BUS, TAXI SERVICE, SHUTTLE SERVICE THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO ACCOMMADATE 3 ADULTS AND 2, ELEVEN YEAR OLD BOYS ONE IN AN ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR, FROM THE AIRPORT TO A HOTEL AND THE PORT EVERGLADESTHAN AFTER THE CRUISE DO IT AGAIN BUT BACKWARDS:confused:

Supershuttle (supershuttle.com) provides shuttle service that should be able to accomodate you- I think in one vehicle.

Yellow Cab provides wheelchair-accessible transport to all of Broward County, 954 565-2800 (call in advance). I THINK they can fit your party in one vehicle.

-steve

Here's what we did for our recent cruise. At the airport, go outside to the taxi area and tell the taxi coordinator you need an accessible taxi. They will call for one, and for us, it only took four minutes. From the hotel, go out to the valet area and ask them to call for the accessible van. For that we waited 9 minutes. The only problem you will have is fitting 5 people plus all your luggage in one vehicle. Fitting five isn't a problem, but when you need to accommodate all the people, plus a large chair and loads of luggage, you might need to put two people plus some luggage in a separate taxi.

Thankyou for the reply, I called the Taxi number it will hol a total of 4 passengers and thats including the one in the wheelchair, they also told me $4.50 for the first mile, something like $2.50 each additional mile.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Ft Lauderdale, and it was just a few miles from the port.

I highly suggest that you start a new thread asking about the wheelchair and the airplane. I've heard some pretty bad stories about airlines and power wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Delta broke my scooter on one flight, but thankfully it was after our cruise.

The hotels on 17th Street are about 4 miles from FLL.

Note also that if the hotel offers free shuttle service for folks NOT using wheelchairs, they are required to provide similar service to people WITH wheelchairs (even if that means they have to voucher a cab for you). See http://www.ada.gov/reachingout/lesson71.htm.

Thought you might like that one!

Archived