Connecting cabins-Disney

Shebbieal

Hey I got some special super-duper news, at least to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done over 30 cruises and never able to get cabins that connect to a h/c one. They didn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The, yet to be finished, new Disney Dream has some h/c cabins that connect. I was able to snag cabins so me and the grands, could go back and forth. Yes, this powerchair riding Nana is very very happy!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

Hey I got some special super-duper news, at least to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done over 30 cruises and never able to get cabins that connect to a h/c one. They didn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The, yet to be finished, new Disney Dream has some h/c cabins that connect. I was able to snag cabins so me and the grands, could go back and forth. Yes, this powerchair riding Nana is very very happy!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

That's great news. Leave it to Disney to once again be ahead of the pack. Do you have cabin numbers? And are they balcony cabins?

Balcony cabins 7114/7614 connect to balcony cabins 7116/7616 on Royal Caribbean Radiance class ships. The H/C cabins 7114/7614 will only sleep 2 but the non-H/C cabins 7116/7616 will sleep 4.

I had cabins 7114/7116 booked for a while because my mom & her wheelchair, my sis, and I were planning a cruise together. The only H/C cabins on a Radiance class ship that will sleep 3 are the junior suites. We thought that might be too cramped with 3 women plus we were afraid with the couch pulled out, there wouldn't be enough room for mom's wheelchair to get around if she needed up during the night. After a little research, we discovered that for about $200 more, we could book two adjoining cabins and get 2 bathrooms instead.

Sis had to cancel so mom & I switched to one of the non-adjoining H/C balcony cabins.

Balcony cabins 7114/7614 connect to balcony cabins 7116/7616 on Royal Caribbean Radiance class ships. The H/C cabins 7114/7614 will only sleep 2 but the non-H/C cabins 7116/7616 will sleep 4.

I had cabins 7114/7116 booked for a while because my mom & her wheelchair, my sis, and I were planning a cruise together. The only H/C cabins on a Radiance class ship that will sleep 3 are the junior suites. We thought that might be too cramped with 3 women plus we were afraid with the couch pulled out, there wouldn't be enough room for mom's wheelchair to get around if she needed up during the night. After a little research, we discovered that for about $200 more, we could book two adjoining cabins and get 2 bathrooms instead.

Sis had to cancel so mom & I switched to one of the non-adjoining H/C balcony cabins.

What is it with these cruise lines that make you jump up to a junior suite just to be able to have 3 ppl in a H/C cabin? Do they think a person in a wheelchair only travels with one other person? :confused: What about a family like us who has a daughter in a wheelchair? That's why we have been cruising with Disney.

What is it with these cruise lines that make you jump up to a junior suite just to be able to have 3 ppl in a H/C cabin? Do they think a person in a wheelchair only travels with one other person? :confused: What about a family like us who has a daughter in a wheelchair? That's why we have been cruising with Disney.
I have to agree with you, especially when you consider the size difference between the JS and H/C balcony cabin. The JS was less than 15 sq. ft. larger according to RC's special needs people. It seems like 3 would fit into the H/C balcony cabin also. Needing an H/C for 3 isn't usually an issue for me. Normally it's either mom & I or mom & dad with hubby & I on a cruise so only have 2 in the H/C cabin. Thought we'd try something different and take sis, but it didn't work out.

I haven't tried Disney - price is usually higher than comparable cruise on another line. Plus, my mom likes RC's Radiance class ship layout. She knows she can get everywhere she wants without having to rely on someone to open a door or help her over a bulkhead lip.

The cruiselines are starting to recognize that they need to have a few H/C cabins for more than 2 people on the newer ships. RC's Freedom class ships have a few interior H/C cabins that will hold 3 people but no oceanviews, and if you want a balcony for 3 or 4, you have to book a suite. :rolleyes:

i "THINK" Disney's H/C cabins all hold at least 3. This is my 5th Disney cruise. I could be wrong !!!!!!!!!!

Some of Royal Carribeans H/C held 4, we have had over 20 cruises with them, all in H/C cabins. Neve connected cabins tho. On Disney our H/C balcony sleeps 3 and my daughters A/B cabin sleeps 4. Their inside H/C cabins do not connect.

Sherry

Archived