Port of Miami/grocery store

Bestie1984

Hi,

I am currently attempting to find out if there is any grocery stores close (walking distant) at the port. We will be arriving from FLL and will be taking a shuttle to the port (carnival). I'm hoping that once we turn over our luggage and before we go through everything that we could walk and get some drinks to take on board. We are both marathon runners so walking is not a problem but just wondering.

If you want a full service grocery store that would be Publix and you could walk to the one at Mary Brickell Village which is about a 45 minute walk for you. Another option is taxi one way and walk one way.

If you just want soda, water etc you could walk to the CVS or the Walgreens located Bayside and they are about a 20 minute walk.

For some people these walk scot,d be longer but given what you mentioned you can walk it in the times that I mentioned.

Take a back pack with you.

Keith

I don't care how fit you are, walking in and out of POM - especially while carrying packages or dragging luggage - is not something I would suggest to anyone. The traffic is crazy :eek: - especially the cab and shuttle drivers - combined with the industrial traffic serving the port. The safe way is two taxis -- get your walking in while you are downtown or up on the ship's track when you are aboard. ;)

Good luck! :)

Archived