Lobster AND boatyard, DON'T WANT A FIGHT! lol

just4steven

Ok, I am trying to leave this as politically correct as possible, but I have heard some crazy things! Let me try! :)

Let's pretend you have 2 people in your party. You did an early island tour already and both the people in your party saw what you wanted to see. You now just want to go to a good beach close to the cruise pier. One in your party is a GoPro/Selfie/Want to look cool at all costs/Party type person, the other wants to see the same fantastic beach but is a "hopeless/elder/senior/likes quiet", lol.

So I see all the other threads, yes, I am a search expert, mind you :rolleyes: I know the difference between lobster alive and the boatyard.

My question is: can we go to lobster alive for our main hangout, eat, rent chairs, umbrella, have some drinks, BUT................. since everyone says "they are right next to each other and share the same beach", can I just walk over and start using the water toys that seem to be "owned" by the boatyard???

Don't get me wrong, I will pay whatever and do whatever! That is not the point. The point is, can 2 people make their "homebase" at Lobster Alive and then have one of them walk, what cruise critic says is "right there", and pay if they have to, but use the "toys" that the Boatyard has, WITHOUT getting into any "fights" and making it clear before hand I am walking over BUT WILL PAY ANYTHING for my GoPro selfie videos on your toys and not get my rear end beat in for walking too far into another places property?

Again, yes, I'm sounding like a jerk here, lol, but it's basically because all of the post loop the boatyard and lobster alive into one. Um, ok, what if we just stayed at Lobster Alive and walked over and USED all of the fun toys that the boatyard has???? I am not that type of person, I would not do that, and as I mentioned 2,000 times already, I heard you will get your rear end beat in if you do that! So in short, what is the best way to do that if you have 2 people in your party and want to stay at lobster alive, but one of you wants to walk over AND USE some of the toys at the boatyard?

Gosh, it is so scary that I have to try to make my point clear a million times and I will STILL get someone respond with an answer that does not apply to my question! That is why I MUST go on so long. The smart A responses, oh, I expect them and love them and do them all the time myself! Hee hee hee, it's more the "oh i have 50 thousand posts in 3 years" people that respond with one word answers! So for you people, forum up and post a decent response that makes sense! :D

For the sane lovely people of Barbados, thank you so much and this has nothing to do with you! You are all wonderful! :)

We have been in the same position. Now we just choose a different beach but if we were to go to that area again we would split up when we got there.

The one who wanted the water toys etc would pay to use the boat yard, get the bed the ticket etc and one who wanted Lobster Alive get 2 beds there. The one using the boatyard could then come and go between the two.

I love the boatyard for the atmosphere and the water toys but Lobster Alive is wonderfully quiet that after an hour of mayhem and very loud music I have had enough. ( must be getting old).

The boatyard is hubby's worst nightmare,

Sue

We have been in the same position. Now we just choose a different beach but if we were to go to that area again we would split up when we got there.

The one who wanted the water toys etc would pay to use the boat yard, get the bed the ticket etc and one who wanted Lobster Alive get 2 beds there. The one using the boatyard could then come and go between the two.

I love the boatyard for the atmosphere and the water toys but Lobster Alive is wonderfully quiet that after an hour of mayhem and very loud music I have had enough. ( must be getting old).

The boatyard is hubby's worst nightmare,

Sue

LOL, awesome and thank you for the info! This helps a ton!

One thing to consider is how many ships in port and the time of the year. We were there last December. Early in the month. the only ship in port and the boatyard was quite. There wasn't even any music. It wasn't even 25 full. Ton's of empty chairs. We were there from around 9am to 3 pm. I was there with my 84 year old mother. I'm 41. She was happy there. We're both going back this december. The only draw back was the beach vendors selling jet ski rides and snorkel tours the keep asking and asking.

One thing to consider is how many ships in port and the time of the year. We were there last December. Early in the month. the only ship in port and the boatyard was quite. There wasn't even any music. It wasn't even 25 full. Ton's of empty chairs. We were there from around 9am to 3 pm. I was there with my 84 year old mother. I'm 41. She was happy there. We're both going back this december. The only draw back was the beach vendors selling jet ski rides and snorkel tours the keep asking and asking.

Good point and thanks for the reminder about the vendors :)

We are mid January and the only ship so we will probably just check out the boatyard