Costa Celebration

Southoffranceman

Not so many things to do in Celebration.

I have been on it as Iberocruceros Grand Celebration, and it's too closed for my linking.

There isn't a promenade deck near water, and they have closed the access to the terrace over the bridge.

It's reasonably well mantained, but I don't feel it will be up to Costa standards unless they refurbish it a lot.

You can see the inside here:

http://blog.iberocruceros.com/tours/celebration/Tour_ibero-celebration.html

There wass a small refurbishment this year, mostly in the area of the swimming pool.

Hope I don't make you worry, but keep your expectatives where they should be.

Not so many things to do in Celebration.

I have been on it as Iberocruceros Grand Celebration, and it's too closed for my linking.

There isn't a promenade deck near water, and they have closed the access to the terrace over the bridge.

It's reasonably well mantained, but I don't feel it will be up to Costa standards unless they refurbish it a lot.

You can see the inside here:

http://blog.iberocruceros.com/tours/celebration/Tour_ibero-celebration.html

There wass a small refurbishment this year, mostly in the area of the swimming pool.

Hope I don't make you worry, but keep your expectatives where they should be.

Thanks ... this was going to be just a "transport" cruise with sightseeing benefits to get us to Italy, so low expectations ... have since decided on an alternative so letting our hold expire.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have have any info on this ship...I see Costa are taking it over from another line and are refurbishing it.....I am looking at 14 days from Barcelona on 23 Nov but there are very few pics and details of facilities...can anyone help me

Hi, I am going on this cruise on the same date (23rd November).

My first cruise.

i am just wondering if its better to book the excursions with Costa or do it on your own?

I am conscience that we are only in Tunisia and Malta for 5 hours only.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Costa has decided to cancel the Costa Celebration's winter season. Which I find strange since they repainted her in Costa livery.

Guess why the cancelled? The owners decided to sell the ship.

I was due to fly out tomorrow and find it unacceptable that they cancel last minute.

As per their T&C I am only entitled to £40 compensation on top of a full refund. If I had cancelled I would've lost 100% of my deposit.

I don't find that acceptable as they must have profited from the sale of the ship but caused me huge disruption and loss of my cruise.

Do I have a legal case here? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately probably not, as unfair as it may sound, you agreed to those t&c's when you booked. The time to raise an issue with unfair t&c's is prior to booking, not when you are on the wrong end. Best avenue is to play up the poor customer service angle, rather than a strict right or wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Forums