Regis and Kelly

sunshine 229

Has anyone heard anything about Regis and Kelly doing their show from one of the NCL ships?

It would be neat to be on a cruise and on TV at the same time.

The only passengers will be the 1000 winners from their show. Go to NCL.com the link to win is there. You get to take 20 family members with you.

This will be june 18th - the Madian voyage of the Pride of America

MIAMI - From June 18-24, 2005, “Live with Regis and Kelly” hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa will take on their most exciting adventure yet, as the top morning talk show becomes the first national program to broadcast a full week of shows (airing June 20-24) from aboard a cruise ship. “Live” is partnering with NCL America and their stunning new ship, Pride of America, cruising the historic ports of the Eastern United States on her maiden voyage.

Pride of America is the first new U.S.-flagged cruise ship in a half a century and is the biggest passenger ship ever built for the US registry. The ship boasts an all-American crew and celebrates a ‘Best of America’ theme, with public rooms inspired by the diverse regions of the United States.

Regis and Kelly have commandeered the whole ship, and are giving away free cruises to 1,000 contest winners and fans to join them for this spectacular weeklong vacation at sea through “Live’s Pride of America Cruisin Reunion” watch-to-win contest. Every day from May 16 to June 10, Regis and Kelly will give away 20 cruises to one lucky winner, so they can create their own reunion and invite a group of 20 family members and friends to come along on the Pride of America. Viewers can log on to http://www.liveregisandkelly.com for full contest details. In addition, “Live” affiliates also will offer the chance to win, with local contests in each city.

“This cruise will be one of our most exciting location events,” noted Michael Gelman, executive producer of “Live.” “It’s the first time we’ve ever done shows live from a moving ship, and the first time we’ve given away a thousand trips to our viewers. There’s nothing more all-American than a family reunion, and it’s going to be amazing to see all of these happy groups of families and friends joining us for the week on this gorgeous new ship.”

Regis was on the same cruise my family was on a few years ago. We were on the QE2 on a European cruise. Regis was very friendly and accessible. My husband and son played ping pong with him and his friend. Guess who won? Regis and friend. :rolleyes:

If you get cruise fever from watching Regis and Kelly on the Pride of America, be sure to stop by and check out info for our group cruise next June! By that time the ship should be broken in, bugs worked out and lots of fun! :D

Click the link in my signature if you would like to join us!

Sharon

Well now I'm confused and wondering why the scheduled ports of call for this cruise aren't in violation of the Jones Act? Just when I thought I understood that quirky law here's a schedule that doesn't include a foreign port. Can someone explain why this itinerary is okay?

Well now I'm confused and wondering why the scheduled ports of call for this cruise aren't in violation of the Jones Act? Just when I thought I understood that quirky law here's a schedule that doesn't include a foreign port. Can someone explain why this itinerary is okay?

This ship is exempt from the Jones Act.

The ship is exempt because it has an American crew and sailing under the American flag, which is why the Hawaii sailings don't have to include Fanning Island, Ensanada, etc.

:mad: My husband works for an ABC affiliate so we are not eligible to win this cruise. I was set to TiVo all week until I read that darn small print.

My husband works for an ABC affiliate so we are not eligible to win this cruise. I was set to TiVo all week until I read that darn small print.
Is it unreasonable to ask him to quit? :D There are 1000 contest winners...that's one winner but two passengers right? Like if I won, I could take my husband. That's then what gets them up to passenger capacity right?

Each winner gets to bring 19 people along with them!

I think that I read that the total # of people getting to cruise through this contest will equal 1000 (assuming this is also what you read, Cecilia).

Maybe they need to have cabin space for production people, staff, crew, etc. and/or want to have some extra coverage for cabins.

Why don't we post the clues on the board. Maybe we can try to fill the ship with cc'ers.

Good idea!! Maybe some Regis & Kelly regulars could also provide some tips on what kind of questions they may ask, based on the previous shows. I understand the questions often have to do with guests that appeared on prior shows, but I was wondering how far back they go on any given day. Is it the day before, or is it at random?

Using the honor system, any winning CC'er would be encouraged to reward any "tipster" deemed critical to their winning a cabin on their cruise. It goes without saying that should someone not be able to use their 20 cabins, that the CC board would be a logical source for "disposing" the freebie cruise.

Did you notice that THE OTHER THREAD IS GONE? YEA!!!
So there's no confusion...it wasn't me. I moved nothing! Other people, higher than me, do monitor things as well. ;)

So there's no confusion...it wasn't me. I moved nothing! Other people, higher than me, do monitor things as well. ;)

:rolleyes: We are sure it was you after all we all know you work for NCL and get paid 100s of thousands of dollars to do this :D

Just in case anyone does not get it - THIS IS FUNNY, A JOKE

originally posed by cruisequeen10

Okay, I am going to enter. If I win, just let me know if you want to come and I will include you.

I want to come!!

Speaking of fine print (sorry karfest :( ) rule 5 has a particularly all-encompasing phrase included...

[/url]

Basically it says they can use your name, photograph, likeness, biographical information, statements, voice, address, etc. for advertising and publicity, "In perpetuity throughout the universe without further compensation"

http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/regisandkelly/contests/cruisinreunion/rules.html

"Throughout the universe" !!! I guess they're covering all the bases there.!

The thread would get deleted. Rules is Rules :D

First, this is not a big deal for me, but I am curious as to some of the statements made. Without knowing what "rules rules" you are speaking of, I can understand posts that may reveal the clues that were given being deleted, but as far as the thread goes, I wonder what would be wrong with discussing the contest and some generalities about it. For instance, I mentioned my understanding that the show's normal contest questioning deals with a prior day's guest. I wondered if it was generally the day before or anytime prior. I suggested that one of the show's regular viewers might help with such advice on how the normal contests go. This doesn't mean they will maintain that style, but I don't see how that would be a problem. As for fraud, I don't see how this would be fraud.

Archived