poolside: what are you carrying your room key in?

dancingfish

Your sea pass card is your room key right? I have only been on 1 cruise with RCL so not sure if the same for all ships. I got mine hole punched in the Kids Club when I took my kids & they gave me an extra lanyard to clip it too. Wore it same as the kids. Worked perfect.

I carry a beach bag - it holds our towels, books, kindle, ipods, sign & sail card, sunscreen, camera, the daily Funtimes, bottle of water or tervis tumblers, etc.

I always laugh (to myself) when I see women walking around the ship during the daytime with their purse. The funniest thing I ever saw was a woman doing laps on the walking track, with her purse on her shoulder.

I alternate between a lanyard and my beach bag. Lanyard if just hanging out around the ship.and beach bag when li go to the pool, to hold my iPad, sunscreen, comb, visor and other items. In the evening I usually pop it in a pocket or just let DH carry the card and go free as a bird.

Pockets! The most essential characteristic of ALL my cruise clothing.

Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the pockets for poolside yet. Most of my cover ups are pocket-less...so my card ends up in DH's pocket of his swim trunks. We don't usually split up so this isn't an issue for me. Before my next cruise though...I'm going to figure out cover ups with pockets...

Your sea pass card is your room key right? I have only been on 1 cruise with RCL so not sure if the same for all ships. I got mine hole punched in the Kids Club when I took my kids & they gave me an extra lanyard to clip it too. Wore it same as the kids. Worked perfect.

I go to office store to buy cheap plastic ID holder to clip onto my lanyard, that way I don't have to worry about hole-punch.

I never carry purse around the ship. If I need something, I just go back to cabin to get it.

I don't often swim on a cruise, but I usually keep my card on a wrist coil while on the ship. I refuse to carry a purse on vacay. I have a teenee baggallini cross body that I bring if I MUST carry stuff ashore, but that's it. It can fit a passport and cell phone and that's about it.

If you are doing something that the wrist coil would be in your way, you can just push it up your arm :)

I always have a tote of some kind for the pool, so it goes in there. If it's just a quick trip to the pool, an hour or less, I will lather up with sunscreen in my room first and just put my S&S card in my Kindle holder. As a last resort, if I'm walking around the ship without pockets, my card goes in whatever breast holder I am wearing (bra, camisole, swimsuit)....LOL

You can't beat a runner's wrist wallet for this purpose. (For instance, Google "Banjees" to see one company's offerings.) These are made of a stretchy fabric with a zippered opening, fit around the wrist, and can be had just large enough to hold those cruise cards. (Larger sizes also available.) The only downside at the pool is that it might interfere with a nice even tan. Upside is they are easy to wear while swimming. These are also nice for shore excursions if you don't need to take along more than your cruise card, driver's license for ID, a charge card, and maybe a few bucks in cash. And, if worn under long sleeves, they don't flash your status as a tourist-with-stuff-to-steal, and would be darned hard to "pickpocket." BTW, I have no financial interest in this company or any other producer of wrist wallets (in fact, I made my own) - I just think others should know about them!

• 2 weeks later...

Last time my SIL and I got lanyards that held a card in a little holder. Worked wonderful. Actually, when we were at port we felt so comfortable with them, we slipped our cash inside too, behind the sea pass. Never left our necks.

Will do the same again this time.

Happy travels!

I always have a tote of some kind for the pool, so it goes in there. If it's just a quick trip to the pool, an hour or less, I will lather up with sunscreen in my room first and just put my S&S card in my Kindle holder. As a last resort, if I'm walking around the ship without pockets, my card goes in whatever breast holder I am wearing (bra, camisole, swimsuit)....LOL

Me too [emoji3]

I also use a small bag around the pool, it can hold the key in the small wallet that I carry it in, plus any electronics such as a pad or nook.

I am going to purchase one of the "Kyss" bags. They come in three different sizes, and have a built in lock on a chain, so that you can easily secure it to the lounger while you are in the pool. It would be enough to stop the casual pickup by the light fingered and tempted.

I am thinking about getting the small size. It is 14x14x4

It would be just the right size for the pool, plus I can use it on the plane as my handbag. I can get them from

Kyss dot com

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Pockets! The most essential characteristic of ALL my cruise clothing.

Unfortunately, I haven't mastered the pockets for poolside yet. Most of my cover ups are pocket-less...so my card ends up in DH's pocket of his swim trunks. We don't usually split up so this isn't an issue for me. Before my next cruise though...I'm going to figure out cover ups with pockets...

100% of my cover ups have pockets -- no matter how cute, I won't buy if the item doesn't have pockets!

Most of my cover ups are from Lands End.

I also use a small bag around the pool, it can hold the key in the small wallet that I carry it in, plus any electronics such as a pad or nook.

I am going to purchase one of the "Kyss" bags. They come in three different sizes, and have a built in lock on a chain, so that you can easily secure it to the lounger while you are in the pool. It would be enough to stop the casual pickup by the light fingered and tempted.

I am thinking about getting the small size. It is 14x14x4

It would be just the right size for the pool, plus I can use it on the plane as my handbag. I can get them from

Kyss dot com

Hope this helps

You'll have to decide if you agree or disagree, but I don't worry about people stealing my stuff at the onboard pool.

I have a small tote -- too small even for a towel -- that was originally a gift bag from Bed, Bath & Beyond, and it's perfect for a cruise ship pool. It's just big enough for sunscreen, chapstick, maybe my watch. It has a small inner zippered pocket just big enough for a couple dollars (tips for the bartender). If I get into the pool for a moment, it's big enough to hide my Kindle. I don't usually bring my ipod to the pool, and I never carry my phone anywhere onboard. I really don't worry about fellow cruisers taking these things -- not in the middle of the pool area. Now, I don't mean I walk away and leave cash money on my chair -- rather, if I walk away from my chair, I leave my things in my bag with my cover up over the top -- but the things I bring to the pool are things that anyone who cruises already has.

Now, island beaches are another story.

Quote...

You'll have to decide if you agree or disagree, but I don't worry about people stealing my stuff at the onboard pool.

End quote.

No problem, and it matters not.

I once trusted people on ships, but the poor lady that had her kindle taken while she was in the pool sure changed my mind :D

and she had hidden it just like you do.

We also had some wheelchair bound friends that came back on the ship at one port and when they went through the security, they found that someone had removed their bag with purchases and camera.

That incident changed the way we go through.

You and I may be the lucky ones that never loose anything, but I think I will be a little bit more proactive theses days..just to make sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...